Older bobcat 630 Wisconsin engine pulsating.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rnbuck01

I got an older bobcat with the wisconsin engine and i was using it to spread some gravel with it and after using it for about an 1 1/2 hours it is starting to pulsate. I just parked it yesterday and went to start it up again and it is doing the same thing. I got a clear fuel filter on it so i know i have fuel going down to the fuel pump. Today i removed the air cleaner and i seen a little bit of oil inside the filter housing. I havent got any further than that. Was going to check the compression on the engine and do a leakage test on the valves to see if the valves are out of adjusted or something. I havent even touched the governor at all. It just acts like it pulsates. Could it be just low fuel pressure going to the carb, because it just started doing it, not over time.

Tigerhaze

I have this problem, but it happened after 30 minutes of use. I can't say I have fully resolved my problems but suspect the following: -Carb for sticking float/reduced flow -Points/condenser -Low fuel pressure due to worn pump I would check those before getting into the main engine-related issues since it just happened and that it happens over time rather than continuously.

Latest posts