Alternative to a Wisconsin VH4D engine

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jdaley

What alternative engines are there for a VH4D engine. I am looking at not rebuilding the engine I have in a 610 Melroe

gearbox

The big thing about a repower is it absolutely kills the resale value . Plus you loose lift capacity those Wisconsin engines are heavy also the hydraulic pump is going to need to be driven somehow. I repowered a 500 with a 27 horse Briggs it worked out well an I use it to feed my firewood processer . If I sell it I would be hard pressed to get 3000 . I rebuild 610s with rebuilt Wisconsin engines' . Look around you should be able to find a rebuilt engine for not much more than 2000 with a good core

Chris 8603

I don't remember the website, but there is a company here in the Midwest that sells repower kits to replace those. They have supposedly everything you need to convert it. Some of those take a special crank to adapt. I haven't done it so I can't say for sure. If I can find them I will post a link for you

8x8kid

Hey friend, I have a w4-1770 that I will sell you. It is a direct replacement for the vh4d. I'm in tennessee. My email is ga9086562 at gma1l dot com