old john deere170 skid steer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

DC Barrington

the john deere construction equipment site has exploded views and parts listings for that machine, some may not be available though. If you don't have a service book that is where you have to start if you want to fix it yourself.
Thanks jerry,I will check that web site out,hopefully I can getto the bottom of the problem,something tells me it just might be air in the hydro lines...I'll keep the site posted. Thanks again Dan

jerry

Thanks jerry,I will check that web site out,hopefully I can getto the bottom of the problem,something tells me it just might be air in the hydro lines...I'll keep the site posted. Thanks again Dan
Dan, I worded that wrong, what I mean't was the first thing would be to buy or find a service manual. If there is a affordable mechanic around there he could do it with a good manual or you could if you want. There are a lot of machines older than that being rebuilt. good luck. Jerry

jerry

DC Barrington

Dan, I worded that wrong, what I mean't was the first thing would be to buy or find a service manual. If there is a affordable mechanic around there he could do it with a good manual or you could if you want. There are a lot of machines older than that being rebuilt. good luck. Jerry
Jerry,thanks for the heads up,I did get a mechanic out to the house and he replaced a drive belt that was worn,the machine works good now..thanks for the replies..appreciate it....so does my wife, it's off the driveway!! Thanks again Dan

jerry

Jerry,thanks for the heads up,I did get a mechanic out to the house and he replaced a drive belt that was worn,the machine works good now..thanks for the replies..appreciate it....so does my wife, it's off the driveway!! Thanks again Dan
Glad you got it going. Your wife will have to understand that now you have dirt digging machinery she will never have a yard that does not have a hole in it somewhere every year.