oil pressure line

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Jaker65

hey guys, i have a scat trak skid steer still and so far this winter it has proven its self more than enough. i got the new glow plugs installed and now she will start up almost right now. sometimes on colder days it takes a little longer. but anyways, the reason i am here is i would like to put a oil pressure gauge on it and i was wondering if there was a place somewhere on the v1902 engine that i can use. i could find one myself, but i would like to get this done with little time fooling around. while on the topic, is there any place on the engine or head i can install a sensor for my temp gauge? i think i seen one at the back of the head towards the cab, but not sure. thanks for your help guys, love this site! i should also have mentioned that the gauges i am using are the sunpro gauges from advance auto parts, the cluster of 3 in one pack if anyone is familiar with them. i used them before and have no problem with them so i figure i would use the cheap inexpensive ones again on a different machine. thanks again!

Tazza

Staff member
The oil pressure gauge will be simple, find your oil pressure switch, get a T piece and screw both senders into it.
The temp sender will be in the thermostat housing. Look at the head, find the radiator hose coming from it, that is your thermostat housing. There should be a plug in it, you can install a sender here, there should be one in there for the machine already.....
I got a cheap and nasty temperature gauge from ebay, $17 shipped with a sender. I used it for my compressor. Works a treat.

Des

The oil pressure gauge will be simple, find your oil pressure switch, get a T piece and screw both senders into it.
The temp sender will be in the thermostat housing. Look at the head, find the radiator hose coming from it, that is your thermostat housing. There should be a plug in it, you can install a sender here, there should be one in there for the machine already.....
I got a cheap and nasty temperature gauge from ebay, $17 shipped with a sender. I used it for my compressor. Works a treat.
One thing that most do not install is a water level censor,I use one on my F350 ,I found that when I had the water pump start to leak ,the alarm went off long before the engine got hot.