oil dipstick, bent or straight?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

banundsen

Hello, first time poster. Thanks for all the information on this site! I have a 2002 753G. The engine oil dipstick was bent just after the rubber grommet. Looked like a normal bend, not mangled up. It had a few scuff marks in the middle. I check the parts diagram and asked the mechanic at the Bobcat dealer if it should be bent or straight. Was told straight which made sense to me, so I straightened it. Well, that wasn't the right thing to do! It hits something inside, guessing camshaft if not positioned just right. It popped out and blew oil all over. Was difficult to get out and was all twisted up. Basically the hole it at a 45 degree angle and the dipstick has to bend back vertically downward to not hit anything inside. My question is if this is normal and if anybody has experience otherwise. Now I have alot of scuffing on the dipstick. Not knowing what metal shavings are left in the pan is a little concerning. Don't feel like pulling engine and disassembling.

reaperman

Copy the link below, its a photo of my dipstick. I have the identical machine as yours. It should answer your question. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxutA6nggnFgczdic1NDWXJNems/view?usp=sharing