No heat in 873

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JWJR

My boss has an 873 Turbo that he is complaining about having no cab heat. ive messed around with it and looked on the net with not much help. i know the fan works but the air coming out is cold. do these have electric heaters or do they have heater cores like in trucks? any help would be great. he is wanting to plow some of the snow and ice we are getting here.

OP
OP
J

JWJR

IDK if it makes any differance but its a Turbo G Series and i think it is a 2000 or 2003

Tazza

Staff member
IDK if it makes any differance but its a Turbo G Series and i think it is a 2000 or 2003
Is it an oil cooled deutz?
Of its not oil cooled, its possible the heater core is blocked up. I assume it used to work?

mrfixitpaul

Is it an oil cooled deutz?
Of its not oil cooled, its possible the heater core is blocked up. I assume it used to work?
Even the Deutz uses a heater core, runs oil through it instead of antifreeze. The G series uses an electric valve to control the flow of liquid to the heater, the valve is mounted near the cooling fan drive unit, easy to see when the cab is raised. Check and see if the heater hoses near the valve are all getting warm. Try turning the temperature control in the cab and see if the valve moves.

lesgawlik

Even the Deutz uses a heater core, runs oil through it instead of antifreeze. The G series uses an electric valve to control the flow of liquid to the heater, the valve is mounted near the cooling fan drive unit, easy to see when the cab is raised. Check and see if the heater hoses near the valve are all getting warm. Try turning the temperature control in the cab and see if the valve moves.
Is the fan working? I just had this investigated in a T-200 I just bought. Someone had capped off the hoses to the heater core. When the problem was investigated, the fan had gone bad. I was told that there is a heater/air conditioner controller that sometimes goes bad. Another thing to check is the pleated cabin air filter which is by your left shoulder as you sit in the seat. I just looked at mine yesterday, and it was caked with dirt.

OP
OP
J

JWJR

Checked the connector going into the valve and it is getting power and the valve does not turn. for now we have the electronic actuator of and turned the valve to open so that we can use the bobcat tomorrow, and the heat is working now. does anyone know if bobcat just sells the actuator or does it come with the valve. i called out BC dealer and they quoted me 197 bucks and i though that was just for the actuator but now I'm thinking they are trying to sell me the valve to, because he asked me how the oil lines connected to the valve.

Latest posts