no-flat tires

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Zorack

I happen to come across a ad for Mclaren no flat tires. Has anyone seen these and do they work as advertised?

WebbCo

Better ride than most of the solids out there but look at their pictures of the tire going over a rock, way too much flex, this softer tire may wear out faster than most, I used to sell these and now sell other brand. Lots of choices out there,

mclarenusa.com

Hi Zorack,
You can visit our website (www.mclarenusa.com) for a video clip on our Nu-Air tires. We also have a 10 day trial on these tires right now which means that if you don't like it you can return the tires for a FULL refund (including freight costs). This is how confident we are on these tires. Let me know if you have any additional questions.
Thanks,

mclarenusa.com

Hi Mark,
I just wanted to inform you that we now carry a new line of Nu-Airs called the Nu-Air AT (All-Terrain). These tires have different tread design that allows for maximum tread life on concrete / asphalt while providing tractions in dirt and mud. For those that are using the loader for different types of jobs I recommend the Nu-Air ATs whereas for those that are in dirt and mud I would recommend our original Nu-Air tires. Please let me know if you have any questions on these tires.
Thanks,
www.mclarenusa.com

Fishfiles

Hi Mark,
I just wanted to inform you that we now carry a new line of Nu-Airs called the Nu-Air AT (All-Terrain). These tires have different tread design that allows for maximum tread life on concrete / asphalt while providing tractions in dirt and mud. For those that are using the loader for different types of jobs I recommend the Nu-Air ATs whereas for those that are in dirt and mud I would recommend our original Nu-Air tires. Please let me know if you have any questions on these tires.
Thanks,
www.mclarenusa.com
My favorite tire , which is proven to me is the Toby Sexton aircraft recaps , the plys are 28-32 , the side walls are just as thick , they have a tube in them but will hardly even go flat , when you first get them you have to buy the rims as they are split rims which bolt together , once you have the rims the casings arecapable as long as you don't let the threads get exposed , the local shops charge about $125 to cap the 7series style which uses a A-10 Warthog tire , the 8 series go about $155 and use a F-18 tire , the really good thing about this tires is runnng tracks on top of them , as if you do get a flat I can split the rim with the tracks in place and get the tube out make the repair or relace tube and not even distrub the track, on the side the tire they have a warning , only good to 210 mph landings

xtreem3d

My favorite tire , which is proven to me is the Toby Sexton aircraft recaps , the plys are 28-32 , the side walls are just as thick , they have a tube in them but will hardly even go flat , when you first get them you have to buy the rims as they are split rims which bolt together , once you have the rims the casings arecapable as long as you don't let the threads get exposed , the local shops charge about $125 to cap the 7series style which uses a A-10 Warthog tire , the 8 series go about $155 and use a F-18 tire , the really good thing about this tires is runnng tracks on top of them , as if you do get a flat I can split the rim with the tracks in place and get the tube out make the repair or relace tube and not even distrub the track, on the side the tire they have a warning , only good to 210 mph landings
mcclarenusa..if you see this....i asked this a while ago but no one knew for sure, why when you guys make the flat proof tires , the tread depth isn't constant across the tire. the center always wears out first leaving deep lugs along the edges. my new (to me) has a set of your tires (i think) and the middles are flat...they are just so expensive not to get full tread wear from them btw.....is there a way i can grind some tread back into the center section of those tires? tia, steve

mclarenusa.com

mcclarenusa..if you see this....i asked this a while ago but no one knew for sure, why when you guys make the flat proof tires , the tread depth isn't constant across the tire. the center always wears out first leaving deep lugs along the edges. my new (to me) has a set of your tires (i think) and the middles are flat...they are just so expensive not to get full tread wear from them btw.....is there a way i can grind some tread back into the center section of those tires? tia, steve
xtreem3d,
There are two main reasons why we design the tire to have a shallow lug at the center

1) Tire Strength. The thicker rubber toward the center of the tire gives strength to the lugs. If the tread depth remains the same across the entire lug the it is prone to cracking at the base. If a crack or cut develops on one side of the lug, the thick rubber in the center can stop the cut from running across the entire tire width.

2) Tire Wear. Once the tire wears down to the point that the center is solid, then the tire will wear at a slower rate. Since there is more rubber in contact with the ground or road there is less PSI exerted on the rubber, thus causing it to wear slower. If the tread depth was constant across the entire width of the tire, then with less rubber making ground contact, the tire may wear up to 15-20% faster considering the offroad chevron pattern.

It is possible for you to grind down the rubber to increase the tread depth at the center, but it is not recommended and may reduce the tires overall longevity and strength. However, if you would like to modify the tire at your own risk then the best tools for the job would be an air grinder with a rounded carbide burr. Never use a blade! A knife is a easy way to accidentally destroy your tire.

Hope this helps,
www.mclarenusa.com