no drive on left side nh 775

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

papow22

Just before the lose of drive in forward or reverse,I heard a noise similar to a loud click or klunk ,sounded similar to a side link hitting the casing.....Then the lose of drive on left side,Then the machine started to reverse on it's own. Well I'm stumped lol.I have no imfo how to adjust or remove to repair.Is there anyone out there with any imfo on how to repair or the break down imfo the left side .For I'm assuming that each side is driven or powered by hyd pump.I have not taken the left side a part yet.But I'm not afraid give it a try.lol... I belive but I'm only assuming is each side driven with a roller chain,???????..... Also the machine is powered by a V-4 wishconsin gas,the same motor a hesston swather used.About 65 h.p.,not exactly sure on the spelling or the h.p... Would apprechiate any help being offered ,thanks Gordon.

OP
OP
P

papow22

I found the info that I needed @ www.westlocktractor.com ,For the info was pics of the left side internal.Then with my knowledge I taken the machine apart.With no problem I figured my problem out.lol lmao also.It is NOT the chain that broke it was a drive gear that had 100 + plus teeth that the hyd gear broke all the teeth off.So off to get part needed.So I guess no one owns a L775.Or never had this problem like this .Well that is my 2 cents.Well thanks anyways.

Tazza

Staff member
I found the info that I needed @ www.westlocktractor.com ,For the info was pics of the left side internal.Then with my knowledge I taken the machine apart.With no problem I figured my problem out.lol lmao also.It is NOT the chain that broke it was a drive gear that had 100 + plus teeth that the hyd gear broke all the teeth off.So off to get part needed.So I guess no one owns a L775.Or never had this problem like this .Well that is my 2 cents.Well thanks anyways.
Ouch! i assume this is part of the reduction gearbox?

OP
OP
P

papow22

Ouch! i assume this is part of the reduction gearbox?
Well westlock tractor had told me the price of a new one $500.00 plus .265.00 for a used one so I got off a L555 new holland skid steer.It is the large gear that is driven by the small gear that driven by hydralic motor.I've also been told that roller chain is and can be bought at a like peavy mart or princess auto ,a lot cheaper than at a dealer.

frogfarmer

Well westlock tractor had told me the price of a new one $500.00 plus .265.00 for a used one so I got off a L555 new holland skid steer.It is the large gear that is driven by the small gear that driven by hydralic motor.I've also been told that roller chain is and can be bought at a like peavy mart or princess auto ,a lot cheaper than at a dealer.
Be careful with bulk roller chain some is inferior and won't hold up. I suspect some is made in China and quality control is weak. If the chains are easy to change it might be worth the savings to give it a try. Have you considered a machine shop to fix your gear. I have a local shop with the capabilities to do most anything and prices are very reasonable. You may also have a local shop with good rates.

OP
OP
P

papow22

Be careful with bulk roller chain some is inferior and won't hold up. I suspect some is made in China and quality control is weak. If the chains are easy to change it might be worth the savings to give it a try. Have you considered a machine shop to fix your gear. I have a local shop with the capabilities to do most anything and prices are very reasonable. You may also have a local shop with good rates.
That is why I read where it is made,MADE IN CANADA ok .... I'll buy made some where else well forget it.