NH LS120 v. Bobcat 463

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Anybody out there racking up some hours on a NH LS120 or L250? How about the NH LS120 v. Bobcat 463 for the skid steer heavyweight title-good points, bad points, problems or praises? Yes, I'm aware this is a gas v. diesel comparison. We need one of these behemoths in our little fleet and we didn't want to throw our hard earned $7500 on a POS.

charger

bought a l250 a few years ago with a blown engine,threw out the crappy onan engine and put in a briggs 18hp,now it has lots of power,i don`t even dissengage the belt for starting the engine anymore,love my little toy! next year i might drop in a 23 or 25 hp briggs just for a bit more hp! the machine works great,can get into very tight areas,you`d be suprised with the material you can move with one of these!! just painted mine the new colours this winter and installed l120 decals!! the biggest problems with these gas engine with an onan is that guys don`t clean the engine fins(air cooled) they plug up and then overheat+ there lower on hp than the briggs!

OP
OP
T
bought a l250 a few years ago with a blown engine,threw out the crappy onan engine and put in a briggs 18hp,now it has lots of power,i don`t even dissengage the belt for starting the engine anymore,love my little toy! next year i might drop in a 23 or 25 hp briggs just for a bit more hp! the machine works great,can get into very tight areas,you`d be suprised with the material you can move with one of these!! just painted mine the new colours this winter and installed l120 decals!! the biggest problems with these gas engine with an onan is that guys don`t clean the engine fins(air cooled) they plug up and then overheat+ there lower on hp than the briggs!
Thanks for the reply, charger. Wonder if I can stuff the B&S 35 hp or the new 38hp Kohler in there?

charger

Thanks for the reply, charger. Wonder if I can stuff the B&S 35 hp or the new 38hp Kohler in there?
thats actually what i want to do! the 36hp is on sale for $1650.00 right now!, it a bit wider of a block and higher but i`m sure it will fit right in there!

TheMEGAbobcatman

thats actually what i want to do! the 36hp is on sale for $1650.00 right now!, it a bit wider of a block and higher but i`m sure it will fit right in there!
I always hear how cramping and small the cabs are on the 453/463's, is that true because I'm actually looking at getting this bobcat 463.

Tazza

Staff member
I always hear how cramping and small the cabs are on the 453/463's, is that true because I'm actually looking at getting this bobcat 463.
I have a 453 at home, its really not that cramped. I'd like a bit more space, but its not hard to get in and out of.