Newbe with 7753, needing 14 pin connector

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Onfoot

As the new owner of a 1993 Bobcat 7753, I am delighted to discover this forum as I learn my way around the world of skidsteers in general and this Bobcat in particular. And I hope someone will be able to advise about adding a 14 pin connector to my 7753, which is needed if I am to make use of a six way dozer blade. The 7753 has the auxiliary hydraulic connections, but not a 14 (or 7) pin connector. However, the joysticks each have two rocker switches--one on the front side of the handle, oriented vertically, and one on the back side (facing the operator), oriented horizontally, and having a hydraulic cylinder graphic on the left and right of the rocker switch, the cylinder retracted on one side and extended on the others. When I raised the cab, I discovered that the wiring harness from the joysticks (emerging from the LH joystick) is not connected to anything. (The RH harness joins the LH harness, producing together the unconnected leads.) According to the local dealer, I need the 14 pin connector and harness, plus the "brain" (his words). However, he was only able to quote me for a complete 14 pin set up, which includes new joysticks--asking $1181 for the kit. This seems a bit high? So a couple of questions for the forum: 1. Is anyone familiar with the kind of joysticks I describe? (Dealer called them 'cobra' joysticks.) And, if so, are they associated (can they be associated) with the 14 pin harness? 2. Does anyone have a lead or contact for finding the brain and harness? Are there Bobcats being parted out that might provide what I need? All advice is gratefully received! Many thanks!

OP
OP
Onfoot

Onfoot

Not sure if my question was just too unclear or whether I stumped the forum. But, whatever the case, after doing a fair bit of digging around, I was able to figure things out--thanks especially to Shane at Erskine Attachments. Bottom line was that I was able to make my own harness to connect the blade to the 7753, using the existing rocker switches to control the hydraulic functions one the 6-way blade. Works great!

Tazza

Staff member
Not sure if my question was just too unclear or whether I stumped the forum. But, whatever the case, after doing a fair bit of digging around, I was able to figure things out--thanks especially to Shane at Erskine Attachments. Bottom line was that I was able to make my own harness to connect the blade to the 7753, using the existing rocker switches to control the hydraulic functions one the 6-way blade. Works great!
Good to hear you have it sorted. I think i have heard the 14 pin is just switches and the 7 pin? is all computer controlled (expensive too).