Newb needs advice QWUICK!!!!!! please

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dyno

Who makes the best aftermarket rubber tracks and sprockets/undercarridge? I broke/tore out a drivebar/pin in the left track of my Takeuchi TL 150. I,m not sold on the oem Bridgestones. I,ve seen 5 Bridgestone failures recently and have decided to try something else. I would greatly appreciate recomendations either Pro or Con of the other brands of tracks and undercarridge based on experience rather than heresay.Thanks in advance and of course I need answers yesterday.

bobbie-g

The post just before yours discusses tracks. Try searching on tracks and see what else is here. I don't have enough experience to offer anything relevant. :) ---RC

OP
OP
D

dyno

The post just before yours discusses tracks. Try searching on tracks and see what else is here. I don't have enough experience to offer anything relevant. :) ---RC
thanks. already checked it out, but no clear concensus.I had a big rant all typed in but it was so long my login timed out and wouldnt post so its way past late and I'll attack this issue tommorow.

OP
OP
D

dyno

thanks. already checked it out, but no clear concensus.I had a big rant all typed in but it was so long my login timed out and wouldnt post so its way past late and I'll attack this issue tommorow.
Well I checked with the area Tak dealer and they are no longer stocking Bridgestones. According to them Tak is recomending a brand called Dominion that they have tested and had very good luck with. They are also selling mostly all aftermarket undercarridge as well. They are saying they are getting 850 to 1200 hrs on average out of the Dominions, which is about the same as the Bridgestones. That seems reasonable to me, but I've never gotten 850 hrs out of a set of tracks so any thing above that is icing on the cake as I see it. I envy the guys that get big hours out of their tracks but I tend to think that is more the exception rather than rule. Anyway I will update this thread as time goes on and will post pro or con.

bobbie-g

Well I checked with the area Tak dealer and they are no longer stocking Bridgestones. According to them Tak is recomending a brand called Dominion that they have tested and had very good luck with. They are also selling mostly all aftermarket undercarridge as well. They are saying they are getting 850 to 1200 hrs on average out of the Dominions, which is about the same as the Bridgestones. That seems reasonable to me, but I've never gotten 850 hrs out of a set of tracks so any thing above that is icing on the cake as I see it. I envy the guys that get big hours out of their tracks but I tend to think that is more the exception rather than rule. Anyway I will update this thread as time goes on and will post pro or con.
I have what appear to be some really low quality aftermarkets on my T180, new when I bought the machine. Now have about 200+ hrs on them, solely for brush mowing (but many times I encounter rocks and stumps). I think they're stretching :-( but I would guess they are no more than 1/4 worn out. I suspect the previous owner bought the cheapest tracks he could find. The shipper says "Mitco, Industrial Tire Manufacturing" from Chattanooga, TN, no idea of the cost. :) ---RC

bobcat_ron

I have what appear to be some really low quality aftermarkets on my T180, new when I bought the machine. Now have about 200+ hrs on them, solely for brush mowing (but many times I encounter rocks and stumps). I think they're stretching :-( but I would guess they are no more than 1/4 worn out. I suspect the previous owner bought the cheapest tracks he could find. The shipper says "Mitco, Industrial Tire Manufacturing" from Chattanooga, TN, no idea of the cost. :) ---RC
Stay away from Dominions, they are a mish mash of rubbers from different countries.
Go get a set of Mclaren Next Gen TDF's, very smooth ride (multi-bar tread pattern) and they seem to wear slower and from what I am reading, they are better in snow.
I've got just over 60 hours on my Tl130 set and they still haven't worn those little rubber "hairs" off yet, and when I have 3000 pounds up font, the ride is very much smoother than the Bridgestones.

OP
OP
D

dyno

Were the sprockets new or used? I think inevitablely there is going to be some initial stretch with new tracks as they start breaking in kinda like new shoes. That said if your sprockets were used, the new tracks are going to be pulled further out on the sprocket teeth so the contact area on the drive pin is going to be smaller starting irregular wear pretty much from the git go. I believe in new sprockets with new tracks. Same holds true with chain and sprockets if you don't replace them together. Anyway thats my $.02 for what its worth. Have aGood One(or aCold One).

OP
OP
D

dyno

Were the sprockets new or used? I think inevitablely there is going to be some initial stretch with new tracks as they start breaking in kinda like new shoes. That said if your sprockets were used, the new tracks are going to be pulled further out on the sprocket teeth so the contact area on the drive pin is going to be smaller starting irregular wear pretty much from the git go. I believe in new sprockets with new tracks. Same holds true with chain and sprockets if you don't replace them together. Anyway thats my $.02 for what its worth. Have aGood One(or aCold One).
Not trying to be a smart a$$ Ron, but can your elaborate more on the Dominions? Do you have 1st hand experience with them or know someone who does ? Or is the word on street avoid like the (plaugue?)? I'd like to know more about them because the parts man at Tak seemed pretty high on them and they have a big customer who uses them excusively, but I'm also sure he knows who butters his bread($$$). I will definitely check out the Mc's in the meantime.Thanks

sandhills-elect

Not trying to be a smart a$$ Ron, but can your elaborate more on the Dominions? Do you have 1st hand experience with them or know someone who does ? Or is the word on street avoid like the (plaugue?)? I'd like to know more about them because the parts man at Tak seemed pretty high on them and they have a big customer who uses them excusively, but I'm also sure he knows who butters his bread($$$). I will definitely check out the Mc's in the meantime.Thanks
Quick Attach skid steer attachments sent me a fliers in the mail with their tracks(some how on their mailing list) and this is what it said(These tracks are made of natural rubber... not cheap synthetic counterparts. They resist chunking, run quieter, and have better wear than synthetics). Just wanted to know if you guys have ran these if they are any good or where they are made? Thanks for the info Brent.

sandhills-elect

Quick Attach skid steer attachments sent me a fliers in the mail with their tracks(some how on their mailing list) and this is what it said(These tracks are made of natural rubber... not cheap synthetic counterparts. They resist chunking, run quieter, and have better wear than synthetics). Just wanted to know if you guys have ran these if they are any good or where they are made? Thanks for the info Brent.
I don't know what the Hell happend up there. Brent

OP
OP
D

dyno

Thanks Tazza
Here I go chasin my tail again.Ron got me wondering about the Dominions so I thought I'd do somemore homework.I called a Big outfit that has a ton of CTL's,Cat 287's and Tak 140's. Luckily I got ahold of one of the owners and he got me in touch with his main CTL Man. Found out they are using camo-plast tracks and Bridgestones and they are getting pretty much the same hours out of them. The Cats are gettin acouple hundred hours more track life than the Taks.( Cat must have copied Taks track system because it looks almost identical.Major improvement for Cat.) The Biggist,Bestice, thing I learned was they have sprockets Criogenicly frozen and that has doubled the track life they were getting before. That is some crazy S@#t. Costs about $100 a sprocket to have it done.AND the sprockets are good for like 3 sets of tracks.Even more crazy s@#t. So now I'm thinking Camoplast tracks and the Popsicle sprockets. Sounds like the Hot setup to me. I'm out.

rock

Here I go chasin my tail again.Ron got me wondering about the Dominions so I thought I'd do somemore homework.I called a Big outfit that has a ton of CTL's,Cat 287's and Tak 140's. Luckily I got ahold of one of the owners and he got me in touch with his main CTL Man. Found out they are using camo-plast tracks and Bridgestones and they are getting pretty much the same hours out of them. The Cats are gettin acouple hundred hours more track life than the Taks.( Cat must have copied Taks track system because it looks almost identical.Major improvement for Cat.) The Biggist,Bestice, thing I learned was they have sprockets Criogenicly frozen and that has doubled the track life they were getting before. That is some crazy S@#t. Costs about $100 a sprocket to have it done.AND the sprockets are good for like 3 sets of tracks.Even more crazy s@#t. So now I'm thinking Camoplast tracks and the Popsicle sprockets. Sounds like the Hot setup to me. I'm out.
Dyno, did you get the Camoplast tracks? Are these made in Korea? I wonder how they are performing and lasting as we have not tried them yet.
I agree with Ron - stay away from Dominion or other Chinese tracks. It's jsut too risky - you may get lucky, but you may also burn. We did. We used to buy from Dominion about 3 years ago. First we got a set that lasted OK, but then got 2-3 sets that failed in less than 600 hours under the same conditions. I guess they buy from different factories, which would explain the inconsistency. I believe all track we got from them were Chinese.
We then moved to McLaren tracks and we have been very please ever since. Their regular prices compete with everyone else, in addition to their premium TDF multi-bar tracks, which are more expensive but really top of the line in performance. You can feel it immediately. We have the TDFs on our T190, the T300 and on one of the Taks. With proper usage they last well over 1,000 hrs. Still, I would like to know who else is good out there.

cnord

Dyno, did you get the Camoplast tracks? Are these made in Korea? I wonder how they are performing and lasting as we have not tried them yet.
I agree with Ron - stay away from Dominion or other Chinese tracks. It's jsut too risky - you may get lucky, but you may also burn. We did. We used to buy from Dominion about 3 years ago. First we got a set that lasted OK, but then got 2-3 sets that failed in less than 600 hours under the same conditions. I guess they buy from different factories, which would explain the inconsistency. I believe all track we got from them were Chinese.
We then moved to McLaren tracks and we have been very please ever since. Their regular prices compete with everyone else, in addition to their premium TDF multi-bar tracks, which are more expensive but really top of the line in performance. You can feel it immediately. We have the TDFs on our T190, the T300 and on one of the Taks. With proper usage they last well over 1,000 hrs. Still, I would like to know who else is good out there.
http://www.loaderpartssource.com/ot...hi-and-others/takeuchi-tl150-tl250-track.html We offer track from Value Parts, we have sold well over 1,000 tracks from them and we have never had a warranty issue with them. I feel they are one of the best after market tracks available.

Pstone

Camoplast tracks are made in Emporia, Ks, about 3 miles from my house, and their skid steer tracks are pretty much junk. Camoplast also makes tracks for caterpillar aquipment (ag stuff) and belts for snow mobiles and thost tracks are all good....better than most....but their skid steer tracks just dont hold up. When they first started looking at doing them they actually rented a couple skid steers and had a bunch of material delivered to test different track designs one and never managed to get one to hold up. For anything BUT skid steers, camoplast is an excellent choice. For skid steers, they are one of the worst choices.