New to Skid Steers & the skidsteerforum

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Bljacque

Hello Everyone, Just joined the skidsteerforum and also just purchased a CASE 1530 Skid Steer. Have not got it home yet as two of the hyd cyls needed some work but it's coming. I wanted to get on the forum earlier and seek your respective opinions about the advisability of buying the CASE 1530 because it is pretty old, however, due to computer issues I was not able to do so. Nevertheless, had to make the decision independently & I'm commited now and looking forward to using my skid steer and learning from those of you who are seasoned skie steer vertrans. With that said, I'm open to any guidance & suggestions you might have for a newbie skid steer owner. Also, if any of you have any suggestions on where I can locate an owner's manual, repair manual & parts manual I'm on the search & I would very much appreciate the info.

Tazza

Staff member
Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll like your new toy.
The best thing to do is change all the fluids and filters, then you know where you stand on a service point. You can never be sure when the previous owner serviced it, so its good to start fresh.

OP
OP
B

Bljacque

Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll like your new toy.
The best thing to do is change all the fluids and filters, then you know where you stand on a service point. You can never be sure when the previous owner serviced it, so its good to start fresh.
Hello Tazza, Appreciate both the welcome & the advise. Given my lack of skid steer technical experience, I think I'll wait until I scrounge up some manuals prior to tackling the hyd fluid replacement. I've read about getting air in the hyd lines &, at least for the present, I have no idea as to how to evacuate the air.

Tazza

Staff member
Hello Tazza, Appreciate both the welcome & the advise. Given my lack of skid steer technical experience, I think I'll wait until I scrounge up some manuals prior to tackling the hyd fluid replacement. I've read about getting air in the hyd lines &, at least for the present, I have no idea as to how to evacuate the air.
To remove the air, you simple use the machine, it will self bleed over time.
Manuals are a very good plan!