New Pump!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Well, I got that pump rebuilt! The local Cat dealer was more than happy to help remove $2000 fron the ol' bank account in exchange for 2 rotating kits. Funny thing about Caterpillar, you can't get aftermarket parts! God bless 'em!!. I ran the skid for about 10 hours, then dumped the oil and changed the filters. I hope I never have to do that again, the job was suprizingly simple. It took 2 guys 30 beers to finish the pump. We streched it over a couple of weekends. Can't wait for the next failure!!! Sorry I didn't respond earlier, we just had our 1st. the kid got good lungs thats for sure Thanks everyone who replied.

Tazza

Staff member
Thats actually pretty cheap for 2 new rotating groups! My local dealer wanted just under 3k each for mine!!!
Glad everything is running well again, hopefully it will stay that way now.

CatTy

what machines are these? Cat offers a full line of pump rebuild parts for the main hystat - rotating groups, seal kits, shafts, bearings, etc. The new C-series parts are actually very affordable - they did a much better job pricing those than the older stuff - probably the result of the supplier change - the new hydraulics are much more reliable from what I hear so maybe they figure they won't sell many parts anyway?