Right track making new noise, found cracked frame

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Chiller316

I noticed a new knocking noise coming from the right side of our tracks, more than the standard track movement noises that you get. When I went to inspect the track, I found the piece that extends to tighten the track cracked pretty badly. I've parked the skidsteer and am trying to figure out what I need to do to fix this or if it's something beyond what I could even fix. I'm attaching a picture of the piece with the crack for reference. Any advice/assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 20220815_161738.jpg
    20220815_161738.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
OP
OP
C

Chiller316

A good CERTIFIED welder could probably fix that.
Thanks for your reply, I was wondering if that would be an option. I know how to loosen that piece to get the track off but I've never removed it. Is it possible to slide it out and take just that piece into a welder or will I need to have one come out to our site to fix it?

foton

I would say it would be best to get it down off the machine so the welder can groove out the crack to be filled and to weld it also from both sides .

brdgbldr

I'm not familiar with your specific machine so someone else would have to advise you on removal of the part.

It is always cheaper to take the item to be welded into a shop. Field crews are very expensive. Also, the part can be cleaned and welded from both sides for a fully penetrating weld. That being said, sometimes getting the part off and transporting it can be expensive and time consuming. You'll have to make that decision.

OP
OP
C

Chiller316

Thank you guys for the responses. We have a fabricator in the area who we showed pictures to and he was confident he could fix it too. I will have to work on this next week when I get a little more time and I will try to post an update on what we were able to do once it's all done.

Latest posts