Unusual noise when moving

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Truck4

New guy on here. but not entirely new to machines. I recently purchased a used 2019 Cat 246D (tire). Had a heavy mechanic friend go with me to help check it out, he looked it over, plugged his computer into it. When it was said and done, he said if you don't buy it I am. I use it for a variety of things but manly to unload / load pallets of feed (2k) and bales of alfalfa. Anyway, to my question here within the last week or so I have noticed what I will try and describe as a "hissing?" noise coming from the left / front area of the machine anytime i move forward. reverse, left or right. Almost sounds like a valve is not open all the way and fluid is moving through a ~half open valve. The machine still moves in all directions without any issues that I have noticed. Buddy is out of town for a couple more weeks so is unable to stop by and help me figure it out, but what I told him on the phone he says that the Charge Pump and relief valve are on that side of the machine and that the "noise" is normal? What do you guys think? Thanks for the input.