new holland l555 or bobcat 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

snakecreek

I just found this forum and it looks great. the question i have is i am looking at buying a skid steer. i have found two i am choosing from. one is a new holland l555 about an 86 model that looks good and we are going to have auxillary hydraulics added. the other is about a 2000 bobcat 753 that i have not seen and live over a hundred miles from. So what do you think the price is about the same on both. a dealer has the NH and a Farmer has the 753. any tips would be great also i cant find a spec sheet for the l555 does it go high enough to dump in a dump truck? thanks

Tazza

Staff member
The 753 will be newer, it already has axu hydraulics as standard.
I have never used a NH machine, i'm sure someone will jump in though.
Sorry, moved the post and noticed it should have stayed where it was, oops.

Jimbob

The 753 will be newer, it already has axu hydraulics as standard.
I have never used a NH machine, i'm sure someone will jump in though.
Sorry, moved the post and noticed it should have stayed where it was, oops.
Dont waste your time with the New Holland,that model is an older one where parts availability may be a problem and it wont be as maneuverable as the 753.The 753 was the predecessor to the 743 and are great machines!!!

OP
OP
S

snakecreek

Dont waste your time with the New Holland,that model is an older one where parts availability may be a problem and it wont be as maneuverable as the 753.The 753 was the predecessor to the 743 and are great machines!!!
well i ended up buying the l555, biggest reason is i was able to see it. i actually worked it today everything ran out fine, just a few minor problems got to deal with. small leaks seams to load up a bit. and of course needs serviced havent tried the aux hydraulics yet but i am hoping they will work. seems it will be a good machine. Local mechanic says their great machines cheaper to work on and easier because not as many electronics. thanks for thoughts. i will be back on here i am sure to ask questions about it. thanks

OP
OP
S

snakecreek

well i ended up buying the l555, biggest reason is i was able to see it. i actually worked it today everything ran out fine, just a few minor problems got to deal with. small leaks seams to load up a bit. and of course needs serviced havent tried the aux hydraulics yet but i am hoping they will work. seems it will be a good machine. Local mechanic says their great machines cheaper to work on and easier because not as many electronics. thanks for thoughts. i will be back on here i am sure to ask questions about it. thanks
first question (of many im sure) how will i tell if it has the quick tach bucket? oh yeah this one has the perkins diesel just putting it out there

Latest posts