New 440

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mule

New to me 440 with 43 hours on it. Is there an easy way to tell what year it is? The manuals say something about update in 1978.

brdgbldr

New to me 440 with 43 hours on it. Is there an easy way to tell what year it is? The manuals say something about update in 1978.
You can contact Bobcat through their website with the serial number and they will get back to you with the year your machine was manufactured.

foton

I would suggest that you take a look at the hour meter and see if it is working correctly 43 hours on a 40 year machine, I would think very unlikely. but that is of no issue ,my point is conferm that it is working and start to making a maint. schedule for the machine and the clock needs to work for that.

OP
OP
M

Mule

It was the Federal Government's machine. It sat for years. I also got all the maintenance manuals with it.

foton

well that is different I had no idea that it had anything to do with the govt. sitting around and not doing anything, geee why does that not suprise me. hahahahhahaha

foton

They work very hard on wasting tax money, I remember what a stir it was when we went 1 trillion over, only if we could go back to then.