Need help identifying this Onan motor

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mrfixer

I just bought this 1970s Melroe Bobcat (not sure what model it is, there is no plaque anywhere). It has a two cylinder Onan engine, which is seized. See the pics below for the engine plaque. Trouble is that I cannot find any information on the internet on this CCK-MS Onan engine. That model isn't even listed in any of the Onan engine listings that I have looked at. I want to download a manual for it before I tear into it. Can you help me find a manual for it?

Attachments

• onan_profile.jpg
    onan_profile.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 105
  • onan_tag.jpg
    onan_tag.jpg
    426.3 KB · Views: 78
OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

I should add that I found a manual for Onan CCK series, but that engine is for a generator, and the pic looks nothing like that 'CCK' engine I have in my skid....

Last edited:
OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

No downoads available, but I found a hard-copy on eBay, posting here if someone else is looking.
Does anyone know the differences between CCK, CCKA and CCKB models?

foton

onans are good engines , I would look and see why the engine is siezed, you never know it might be a easy fix. I have a 14 hp cc series onan opposed twin on a hobart welder , I guess it was made in the 70 ies still runs with 30 psi of oil pressure, though I had to replace the mag. ingition with a powered coil as the maginito is no longer available. they used these engine a bunch on motor home generator sets so a look around if that one unrepairable.

wateka

I'm late to the party but interested in what you find because I have a scissor lift project with that same family of Onan engine.

There's a ton of Onan related info here:

that's where I got my copy of the below manual:
IMG_4125.jpeg

OP
OP
mrfixer

mrfixer

Bought a new motor - a 23hp Honda Clone, but not from HF. In the process of installing it now.

Latest posts