Need a 463 Kubota flywheel stat. Please help

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ducaticorse

I bought a basket case low hour 463 that had gas run through it. The motor was completely and entirely ripped down. I have bought new internals and rebuilt the motor, but am missing the farkin flywheel. I need one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am also missing the starter, and gear hydro pump that is located on the a bracket on the motor itself. TIA guys and girls...

Bobcatdan

About $300 from bobcat. The flywheel and drive pulley are one piece, I don't know where eles you would find one,

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

Try this place. http://www.wengers.com/parts/Skid-Loader-Parts/BOBCAT/453+SERIES/S_N+5151/Engine-Diesel/Sub-Component/FLYWHEEL/04-6713599.htm
The 453 uses the same Kubota D722 engine.
I appreciate the help. I called there and they arent aware if the 453 fly wheel is interchangeable with a 463. I didnt realize the motors were the same, as there is a 7hp difference in power from the 463 to the 453.

OldMachinist

I appreciate the help. I called there and they arent aware if the 453 fly wheel is interchangeable with a 463. I didnt realize the motors were the same, as there is a 7hp difference in power from the 463 to the 453.
You must have the later model 463 with the D1005 Kubota. The early models had the D722

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

Is that for everything you are missing?
Negative. If I was to go through bobcat, all parts I need listed above would be roughly $2K. The flywheel alone is $900. And that is just ABSURD. Really upset at my mechanic right now. He "inventoried" all the parts before we started and failed to notice there was no f-ing flywheel for the motor........

SkidRoe

Negative. If I was to go through bobcat, all parts I need listed above would be roughly $2K. The flywheel alone is $900. And that is just ABSURD. Really upset at my mechanic right now. He "inventoried" all the parts before we started and failed to notice there was no f-ing flywheel for the motor........
Just thinking out loud: Could you not get your hands on a standard flywheel, and then get an adapter machined to fit a pulley to it?
We have done this type of thing before in our shop. You should be able to find a local machine shop that can help.
Cheers,

Bobcatdan

Just thinking out loud: Could you not get your hands on a standard flywheel, and then get an adapter machined to fit a pulley to it?
We have done this type of thing before in our shop. You should be able to find a local machine shop that can help.
Cheers,
Part number 6713599, flywheel, $348.51

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

That doesn't seem that bad. Not worth messing around for that price.
Flywheel is NOT 3something, It is $869..... I have the late model kubota with higher HP, different from the earlier 463 and 453 motor. Serial number to the machine is 522211657. If you can get me a flywheel that matches this machine for 3 and change, I'll send you $50 bucks.

Bobcatdan

Flywheel is NOT 3something, It is $869..... I have the late model kubota with higher HP, different from the earlier 463 and 453 motor. Serial number to the machine is 522211657. If you can get me a flywheel that matches this machine for 3 and change, I'll send you $50 bucks.
My mistake, for some reason I was thinking you had a 453, it wasn't until I looked up the serial number I discovered my error. Yeah it is spendy, bobcat cost is $650, retail is over $800.

Bobcatdan

My mistake, for some reason I was thinking you had a 453, it wasn't until I looked up the serial number I discovered my error. Yeah it is spendy, bobcat cost is $650, retail is over $800.
Without studing this to hard, how about a flywheel for a S70. Same machine, different decal. Part number 7121603, $335. I don't know what would be different, but it should be the same engine.

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

Without studing this to hard, how about a flywheel for a S70. Same machine, different decal. Part number 7121603, $335. I don't know what would be different, but it should be the same engine.
WTF is the flywheel for the 453, and s70 300 bucks and the 463 is 8?!!! I will look into the s70 flywheel, will need to match up the motor models though. thank you for the info. I hope it works.

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

WTF is the flywheel for the 453, and s70 300 bucks and the 463 is 8?!!! I will look into the s70 flywheel, will need to match up the motor models though. thank you for the info. I hope it works.
Bobcatdan, could you cross ref the flywheel part number for the s70 and my serial number 463 please? I'll be your best friend.

Bobcatdan

Bobcatdan, could you cross ref the flywheel part number for the s70 and my serial number 463 please? I'll be your best friend.
I think the differnce is the 463 has a v belt were as the S70 appears to be a serp belt drive. The ening should be the same so the S70 flywheel should bolt on so you maybe able to convert to serp belt.

OP
OP
D

Ducaticorse

I think the differnce is the 463 has a v belt were as the S70 appears to be a serp belt drive. The ening should be the same so the S70 flywheel should bolt on so you maybe able to convert to serp belt.
Had some awesome mail today... Flywheel and starter for the 463. I paid $140 for both. It sure does pay to exhaust all options sometimes....

Tazza

Staff member
Had some awesome mail today... Flywheel and starter for the 463. I paid $140 for both. It sure does pay to exhaust all options sometimes....
Slightly better price than you were thinking you were going to be up for :)