My work in progress 98 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Team Craig

Ok guys I got tired of the hyd. fluid dripping still (The prev. owner had just lost a line and 10 gallon's of fluid prior to purchase) so I started de-funking this thing and so far I have gotten about 70 Lbs. of crap removed. I figured it would be best to tell if it has any active leaks by getting it all cleaned up. The rear cover had a bolt missing and the insp. cover was slid back. This rear area was packed full of junk. After about 15 min. of knocking crap out I broke through and got about a gallon of fluid out. The 2 front holes were also blocked up - I got another gallon of crap out of the right front section as well. I have not made it to the very front of the unit and the goop appears to be pretty think as well. It looks like it might be more of a pain to clean out the front? Do I take the covers off the sides as well as coming through the 2 holes in front of the unit? As soon as I get all of the heavy stuff out I am going to take it to the power wash. It's good to see this unit now has a better home...

OP
OP
T

Team Craig

Ok I am still getting crap out of this thing but I have another ? I found that the left side stick was loose back at the valve. I tightend this pinch bolt up so there was no play anymore and the thing wanted to creep after starting it up. I first tried to adjust stick linkage that has the two bolts and about an 1" & 1/2 movement. This did not change anything so I just loosened the pinch bolt back up that I originally tightend. Should that bolt be loose enough to allow some play or do you tighten the bolt up allowing no play and adjust the creep out of it some where else? Thanks for any help guys...

Tazza

Staff member
Ok I am still getting crap out of this thing but I have another ? I found that the left side stick was loose back at the valve. I tightend this pinch bolt up so there was no play anymore and the thing wanted to creep after starting it up. I first tried to adjust stick linkage that has the two bolts and about an 1" & 1/2 movement. This did not change anything so I just loosened the pinch bolt back up that I originally tightend. Should that bolt be loose enough to allow some play or do you tighten the bolt up allowing no play and adjust the creep out of it some where else? Thanks for any help guys...
I don't know how to adjust this model to set neutral, but i would think the bolts should be tight. If you have any slack they will assist in wear. Have you tried chatting to local dealer? their service section will tell you what you need to do.
BTW, its a good thing you decided to clean the machine up. If you get a short you could easily catch fire with all the excess oil. I bought a machine that caught fire because of a faulty starter, it had at least 2 20 litre drums of crud. It took me many hours and LOTS of pressure washing to remove it all. After its clean, it doesn't take alot to keep it that way, just a quick de-grease every few weeks.

OP
OP
T

Team Craig

I don't know how to adjust this model to set neutral, but i would think the bolts should be tight. If you have any slack they will assist in wear. Have you tried chatting to local dealer? their service section will tell you what you need to do.
BTW, its a good thing you decided to clean the machine up. If you get a short you could easily catch fire with all the excess oil. I bought a machine that caught fire because of a faulty starter, it had at least 2 20 litre drums of crud. It took me many hours and LOTS of pressure washing to remove it all. After its clean, it doesn't take alot to keep it that way, just a quick de-grease every few weeks.
Thanks again Tazza on the reply - I am with you on any movment causing additional wear. I just talked to a neighbor just threw away a 7 series service manual. Since he used to work on them I am going to try get with him to see if he knows. I agree it will not be to hard to keep up on keeping the unit clean after I get it to that point...

Latest posts