My 753 lookin all pretty.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

m610

thanks for the information. Im gonna keep my eyes open for a set of stabilizers for sale... or price them from the Stealer... I mean dealer. lol
I have rarely seen a single axle trailer for a skid steer. I would imagine that transfers a lot of weight to the hitch or else it would be wagging side to side on a highway trip. You would have to decouple from your tow vehicle to unload or you would lift it up!

OP
OP
soutthpaw

soutthpaw

I have rarely seen a single axle trailer for a skid steer. I would imagine that transfers a lot of weight to the hitch or else it would be wagging side to side on a highway trip. You would have to decouple from your tow vehicle to unload or you would lift it up!
Its a superior brand trailer with 8 lug rims and axle.. its a tilt bed with pintle hitch and it tilts as you drive off and then drops back flat when you drive back on. works really well actually. I did a spring over lift on the axle as it sat too low for my liking. the pictures are after the lift, the wheels were right under the fender before the spring over. also I got it for $900 plus tax and lic at the local auction so the price was definitely right. I pulled it empty the day after I bought it to Reno NV and back to get the backhoe attachment. 2500 mile round trip and it pulled great. Like it wasn't even there... don't know the tongue weight but does not seem bad. Excursions are also F250 super duty chassis... truck has 4" lift.... I have air bags for the Excursion but they are not installed yet.... other reason for the spring over was I wanted to get the hitch as high as possible for towing withto my International 4700. Just finished making the hitch for that truck. using a military swivel type pintle hitch I made a drop hitch that will match up to the trailer height and I can flip it over for semi trailer height for the pintle. dont need to unbolt anything as the pintle spins 360 degrees... so it all worked out pretty well... I will try and get some pics at some point and post them here...

OP
OP
soutthpaw

soutthpaw

Its a superior brand trailer with 8 lug rims and axle.. its a tilt bed with pintle hitch and it tilts as you drive off and then drops back flat when you drive back on. works really well actually. I did a spring over lift on the axle as it sat too low for my liking. the pictures are after the lift, the wheels were right under the fender before the spring over. also I got it for $900 plus tax and lic at the local auction so the price was definitely right. I pulled it empty the day after I bought it to Reno NV and back to get the backhoe attachment. 2500 mile round trip and it pulled great. Like it wasn't even there... don't know the tongue weight but does not seem bad. Excursions are also F250 super duty chassis... truck has 4" lift.... I have air bags for the Excursion but they are not installed yet.... other reason for the spring over was I wanted to get the hitch as high as possible for towing withto my International 4700. Just finished making the hitch for that truck. using a military swivel type pintle hitch I made a drop hitch that will match up to the trailer height and I can flip it over for semi trailer height for the pintle. dont need to unbolt anything as the pintle spins 360 degrees... so it all worked out pretty well... I will try and get some pics at some point and post them here...
I took a couple pics showing the benefit of having rear stabilizers.. allows you to level the machine out

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Tazza

Staff member
I took a couple pics showing the benefit of having rear stabilizers.. allows you to level the machine out
Its also awesome to change tyres, can't forget that. Front are easy, just tilt forward and the fronts will lift. Rear legs make the rear ones a snap to lift.

Sam_French

Its also awesome to change tyres, can't forget that. Front are easy, just tilt forward and the fronts will lift. Rear legs make the rear ones a snap to lift.
Thank You for posting some pics. You have a very nice setup.