Mustang Owatonna 345

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

mgrant

I have a Mustang Owatonna 345 that was built between 1978 and 1982. It's powered by a Deutz F2L511 air cooled 2 cylinder diesel engine. The engine was beginning to smoke badly so I pulled the motor and took the head, cylinders and pistons to a local tractor repair shop to have them checked out. The company moved out one night without any forwarding address and took everything in their posession with them. I am in need of parts for this motor or possibly a retro-fit engine to replace it. I've had no luck finding parts so I'm leaning more toward retro-fitting it with a different engine. The tires all hold air and the hydraulics have been rebult by Eagle Fluid Power so I hate to get rid of it. Thanks in advance for any help. mgrant

Tazza

Staff member
Ignore my other reply in your other post, as now i can see what is wrong with the engine.
I'm sure you can get the required parts, but for a price. It was possibly as simple as a bad injector.
See if anyone has any suggestions for a drop in engine for you

OP
OP
M

mgrant

Ignore my other reply in your other post, as now i can see what is wrong with the engine.
I'm sure you can get the required parts, but for a price. It was possibly as simple as a bad injector.
See if anyone has any suggestions for a drop in engine for you
Thanks Tazza. I've had no luck finding parts for it but it's possible I'm looking in all the wrong places. I found out about the bad injector problem after I pulled the motor apart. Wish I had known about it before.