Mustang 2076 Hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Renner

I have an intermittent problem with my Mustang 2076 skidsteer loader with the lift speed of the bucket and the auxilary power. The lift speed is ok again until i tilt or open/close the 4 in 1 bucket then it reduces to about 1/2 pace. To get it to work at full speed again i need to reduce the engine speed to idle, start to lift the bucket and then give full revs -- all is fine again until i tilt or open and close the bucket. I have replaced both safety solenoid valves (which showed some corrosion) and adjusted the pressure relief valve slightly. However, problem still exist. Has anyone experienced this problem?

Tazza

Staff member
It almost sounds like your aux is a little sticky. I wonder if its coming on and not releasing correctly causing the oil to start going over the relief? is that possible?
The extra revs could get it to un-stick?
Just guessing here.
When you operate the 4 in 1, does it stop instantly when you open or close, or does it creep?

OP
OP
R

Renner

It almost sounds like your aux is a little sticky. I wonder if its coming on and not releasing correctly causing the oil to start going over the relief? is that possible?
The extra revs could get it to un-stick?
Just guessing here.
When you operate the 4 in 1, does it stop instantly when you open or close, or does it creep?
Actually the lift speed is about the same (1/2) as if the AUX was being operated normally. However, the problem exist when I have not engaged the Aux at all -- just using the foot control to lift and lower the bucket. It will slow down when I tilt the bucket while lifting and not recover to full speed. The only way to gain full speed again is to lower bucket, reduce revs, lift bucket (now it will give a faster lift speed about 3/4), then give full revs to gain full lift speed. Again the lift speed will beduce by at least 1/2 if I operate the tilt rams or the Aux arm. When I operate the 4 in 1 it stops immediately. There is no creep in any of the rams including lift and tilt.

Rookie

Actually the lift speed is about the same (1/2) as if the AUX was being operated normally. However, the problem exist when I have not engaged the Aux at all -- just using the foot control to lift and lower the bucket. It will slow down when I tilt the bucket while lifting and not recover to full speed. The only way to gain full speed again is to lower bucket, reduce revs, lift bucket (now it will give a faster lift speed about 3/4), then give full revs to gain full lift speed. Again the lift speed will beduce by at least 1/2 if I operate the tilt rams or the Aux arm. When I operate the 4 in 1 it stops immediately. There is no creep in any of the rams including lift and tilt.
Sounds like you may be low on hydraulic oil, it's extremely aerated, or there is a flow problem. Changed the filters lately?

OP
OP
R

Renner

Sounds like you may be low on hydraulic oil, it's extremely aerated, or there is a flow problem. Changed the filters lately?
Oil is at correct level and filter changed in last 5hrs. Machine has done 1250 hrs and has had intermittant fault for the last 100 hrs (fault started prior to filter change). I have just completed another test and found the following on morning cold start: Raise bucket to 3/4 height and lower to 2ft off ground -- all ok and works at full speed. Raise bucket to full height until it stops -- lower to ground ( speed of lowering becomes slightly slow) attempt to raise bucket from ground level but will not move for a few seconds then very slow -- return bucket to ground (slow) set foot control to float position and raise bucket -- all is fine and works at full speed untill bucket is raised to full limit then same slow action commences.

Rookie

Oil is at correct level and filter changed in last 5hrs. Machine has done 1250 hrs and has had intermittant fault for the last 100 hrs (fault started prior to filter change). I have just completed another test and found the following on morning cold start: Raise bucket to 3/4 height and lower to 2ft off ground -- all ok and works at full speed. Raise bucket to full height until it stops -- lower to ground ( speed of lowering becomes slightly slow) attempt to raise bucket from ground level but will not move for a few seconds then very slow -- return bucket to ground (slow) set foot control to float position and raise bucket -- all is fine and works at full speed untill bucket is raised to full limit then same slow action commences.
"set foot control to float position and raise bucket" You lost me there. I can't raise my bucket when it's in float. Sounds like a sticking spool solenoid now. Is all the linkage tight / snug, no play?

Rookie

"set foot control to float position and raise bucket" You lost me there. I can't raise my bucket when it's in float. Sounds like a sticking spool solenoid now. Is all the linkage tight / snug, no play?
Wait, you mean TIP bucket or RAISE bucket?

tkudas

i have an OLD 930A that had a similar problem.... I found aux control valve spool was sticking. Try wriggling your lever to see if that makes spool return to neutral/centre position
Renner - I have an almost identical problem with a 2066. The lift arms go up real slow and the bucket starts to dump even though I didn't press the bucket pedal. Idle down, and then idle back up fixes it for about one lift of the arm and then it's slow again. Did you ever find out what was causing your problem?