Must have a dry sump oil system Video

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

thetool

I saw him go 90 degrees and actually went WTF. Glad its not my machine!!!!
I knew this guy in Denver, when I worked at the Dealership there in Commerce City, his name was Shorty, and he worked for SEMA. He was form North Dakota and was a Bobcat enthusiast and an operator among operators.
This guy was never on 4 wheels, except when he was getting out and gettin in. I went to a jobsite where he was working, backfilling foundations. He'd grab a bucket-full of dirt for weight and roll on his front axles right next to full foundations, for compaction, which he stated tested better than guys using compactors, however they test.
I aked him how he learned to do that and he said that when he was a kid he ran a bobcat mucking out horse stalls and he was going fast, backing up with a bucket full of crap, and he yanked so hard from full reverse to full forward, and he had the bucket just right height and loaded just so, that the machine went into a controlled wheelie, and he'd been doing it ever since.
A skid-steer's already pretty agile, but when a guy can do anything on two wheels, they are downright FLYING around. Kinda hard on the machine, but Shorty never broke anything while I was there except a tilt cylinder rod when he was pryng with a breaker.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I knew this guy in Denver, when I worked at the Dealership there in Commerce City, his name was Shorty, and he worked for SEMA. He was form North Dakota and was a Bobcat enthusiast and an operator among operators.
This guy was never on 4 wheels, except when he was getting out and gettin in. I went to a jobsite where he was working, backfilling foundations. He'd grab a bucket-full of dirt for weight and roll on his front axles right next to full foundations, for compaction, which he stated tested better than guys using compactors, however they test.
I aked him how he learned to do that and he said that when he was a kid he ran a bobcat mucking out horse stalls and he was going fast, backing up with a bucket full of crap, and he yanked so hard from full reverse to full forward, and he had the bucket just right height and loaded just so, that the machine went into a controlled wheelie, and he'd been doing it ever since.
A skid-steer's already pretty agile, but when a guy can do anything on two wheels, they are downright FLYING around. Kinda hard on the machine, but Shorty never broke anything while I was there except a tilt cylinder rod when he was pryng with a breaker.
At least they dropped the pressure in the tires so it didn't hit so hard when he changed rear to front. Likely makes balance alittle easier.Got to give the man credit though, he is smooth on the controls.
Not sure how it could have any oil pressure if it was stock though. The oil should have been running up against the bottom of the pistons. Even the hydraulic oil would be in likely to cavitate.
Ken