mini 463 cab heater

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skayser2

Polar Vortex or not....enough is enough already. If this cold trend in Central Minnesota is gonna stay with us, somethings gotta change :) Have tried several heater variation (non-Bobcat) over the years. Mostly just partially shrouding the radiator and door and using 3" & 4" dryer tubing to route warm air off the radiator into the back of the ROP behind the seat. I have the (soft) cab sealed up fairly well. Have tried a small heater core and fan with coolant off the 3/8" fittings at the thermostat housing. Just wasn't enough flow there. The 722D can't hold more than 5 quarts anyway. The factory must tap into the upper and lower radiator hoses with a combination of "wye's to 5/8" hose, valves and/or restrictors to allow for enough flow to their heaters?? Make sense?? Probably have no business having the this little thing out in those temps anyway. In my younger days, wouldn't have been a problem :} I do about 9 square blocks of sidewalks and 12 driveways. Got any feedback? Thanks! Steve

jerry

Wait till Monday, high here of -10 f so we better cover the banana trees.
I put a heater core and fan on the new Holland and the fittings seemed small but it does heat pretty good. Have you checked your engine temp above and below the thermostat? Infrared thermometer will tell you if the thermostat is not working right. My cab is not sealed all that well and I would like to have the factory heater add-on but too cheap to spend 600.
The 12v heaters may keep one ear warm if you put it really close otherwise no..
Reason I mention the thermostat is mine was stuck open and engine never went over 160.

OP
OP
S

skayser2

Wait till Monday, high here of -10 f so we better cover the banana trees.
I put a heater core and fan on the new Holland and the fittings seemed small but it does heat pretty good. Have you checked your engine temp above and below the thermostat? Infrared thermometer will tell you if the thermostat is not working right. My cab is not sealed all that well and I would like to have the factory heater add-on but too cheap to spend 600.
The 12v heaters may keep one ear warm if you put it really close otherwise no..
Reason I mention the thermostat is mine was stuck open and engine never went over 160.
Thanks Jerry. Yep was out last night -14 w/20mph wind. Crazy! I actually replaced the thermostat this fall so should be okay. Engine seems to be warming up okay as far as I can tell. It's just hard to heat off the radiator when it's this cool. I noticed the temp sensor close to the thermostat also and is a bushing, maybe 1/2" so might be able to tap there instead of the 3/8" pressed in bypass hose tubes. Maybe more flow there?? I also had a temp switch on the right end of the head that was never hooked up to anything since new. Maybe switch spots for the temp sensor?? Found a cab heater on FleaBay that's not priced too bad so may go that route. 12volt heater :)) Thanks, Steve