Maintenance on new to me 773

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

simply_peter

I am buying a 1999 Bobcat 773 with 2800 hours and looking for some advice on where to start with fluid changes. It doesn't have a manual with it so I will probably end up ordering one, but I wanted to get some advice on what fuilds and filters to change. Here is a list of the ones I know to change.
  1. Engine Oil & Filter. Planning on using Rotella
  2. The belts I can see on both sides of the engine.
  3. Hydraulic fluid filter. Should I change the hydraulic fluid at the same time? How much fluid does it take? What fluid should I use?
  4. Are there other fluids, filters or belts that I should change? (Timing belt?)
Thanks!

skidsteer.ca

There are 4 oil cavities.
Engine, hydraulics and chaincase all use 10/30 motor oil
Fan gear case uses 80/90 gear oil
Belts. Left side , big one is for the pump, small one is the fan, remove and inspect for cracks. Lub spring loaded tensioner on both belts, small one where it swings, large one where it rotates on the excentric.
Hydraulic filter and oil should be changes every 1000 hours.
Chain case check oil at the plug front center or the loader above the tie down loop. Fan gear case under the cab where shoulder level would be behind the seat. Pull plug and make sure its full.
Ken

OldMachinist

Belts. Left side , big one is for the pump, small one is the fan, remove and inspect for cracks. Lub spring loaded tensioner on both belts, small one where it swings, large one where it rotates on the excentric.
Chain case check oil at the plug front center or the loader above the tie down loop. Fan gear case under the cab where shoulder level would be behind the seat. Pull plug and make sure its full.
Ken
If your serial number starts with 509 download you service manual here http://bobcat.manuals-website.com/pdf/773-1/ If it starts with 517, 518 or 519 download here http://bobcat.manuals-website.com/pdf/773-2/ You have to download each section and some are large files so it might take a while.

tdeal823

Ken
10/30 diesel oil? I have never seen that except in synthetic what brand oil do you use?

mrfixitpaul

10/30 diesel oil? I have never seen that except in synthetic what brand oil do you use?
When I was working at the bc dealership, all we ever used was 15w40 for all the diesels, all year round. We used 10w30 for the gas engines only.

skidsteer.ca

When I was working at the bc dealership, all we ever used was 15w40 for all the diesels, all year round. We used 10w30 for the gas engines only.
Shell Rotella T or Esso XD3 are diesel ated oil availablein 10/30 or 15/40
I would not recommend 15/40 for winter use though, unless you park indoors. We use it in the float truck but it has a oil pan heater plugged in in the winter. It won't pour at -20 f
Ken