M600 Bobcat Skid Steer Complete Rebuild

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ram1199

Hi, I'm very new to this forum and I'm looking at buying a M600 Bobcat skid steer that looks in very rough shape. The bones look good but will need new motor, tires, seat and probably rebuild the hydraulics and more. If I can get it for under $1k, do you think it would be worth it to buy something all new and painted? It would be like buying a new machine unless I'm missing something. What do you think the cost will be for all this and would it be worth it? Any advice on what to look for and be aware of? I never owned a skid steer or any kind of machinery like this and know very little about these, but I've been doing a lot of research on it the past few days.

The reason I'm looking at this one is for two main reasons. 1. It's cost and the potential of starting with a new motor (and other parts) then buying used and be uncertain of how well the motor will run and for how long the motor will last. The used ones, if they are in working condition, start around $10k (looking at FB and other social media avenues) and that is with high working hours, and I can't afford a $10k machine at this time. 2. Since the pandemic, I had to move my small business home and size does matter. The dimension for this machine is ideal for my home since I live in a subdivision with about 0.2 acres property with a home, so not much to work with. I really need a forklift, but I refuse to add more concrete just to accommodate one, so the "off road tires" are ideal for my property. I will only need to lift around 1/2-ton items at any one time and the option to buy attachments for this machine seems ideal if needed later. Any and all feedback and guidance would be greatly appreciated. All I ask is to lease refrain from using slang or abbreviations since I'm new to skid steers and still learning. I am currently communicating with our local bobcat sales and parts department, just to get more information and some guidance. Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

foton

do some research on the 600 suggested lift amount ,1000 lbs might be pushing it, I think.

Latest posts