m-610 rear scarifier mounting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rjardo

I'm hoping someone can tell me how the rear scarifier mounts on a 610. One came as part of the package with my old 610 and I went to mount it today with no luck. i thought i would use the hydraulics to latch it onto the rear frame hooks, but it's just slightly wider than the rear hooks and I'm guessing that i need some large pins or shoulder bolts as there are holes in the frame hooks/loops. Or maybe the scarifier frame is bent, but i don't think that's it.. any thoughts?? Thanks!

6brnorma

Without seeing it rjardo, not sure I can be of any help. The rear attachments that I have all mount in the same fashion. On the back end I have four large bolts/pins with large 3" bushings on each bolt that the attachment mounts on. In my case the bottom of the attachment has a "U" shaped portion that sits on the bolt/bushing and then the top is lifted to fit on a similar bolt/bushing and then there is a "hook" that flips over the bolt to lock it in place. Not sure this will help.

OP
OP
R

rjardo

Without seeing it rjardo, not sure I can be of any help. The rear attachments that I have all mount in the same fashion. On the back end I have four large bolts/pins with large 3" bushings on each bolt that the attachment mounts on. In my case the bottom of the attachment has a "U" shaped portion that sits on the bolt/bushing and then the top is lifted to fit on a similar bolt/bushing and then there is a "hook" that flips over the bolt to lock it in place. Not sure this will help.
6brnorma -- Thanks! that is a huge help.. I'm missing those 4 bolts and bushings. my welded frame corner brackets each has a hole in it where the bolt/bushing combination would go and the hooks on the scarifier are exactly as you described. I'm wondering if i can get 4 shoulder bolts that would do the job. does the 3" bushing serve as a flange to keep the attachment from jumping off the side, or does it serve as the actual wear surface that the attachment rides on? you also mention 'all my attachments'.. besides the scarifier, what other cool stuff should i look for to mount on the back of old Gertrude?? :) Thanks again, huge help!!

thynes

6brnorma -- Thanks! that is a huge help.. I'm missing those 4 bolts and bushings. my welded frame corner brackets each has a hole in it where the bolt/bushing combination would go and the hooks on the scarifier are exactly as you described. I'm wondering if i can get 4 shoulder bolts that would do the job. does the 3" bushing serve as a flange to keep the attachment from jumping off the side, or does it serve as the actual wear surface that the attachment rides on? you also mention 'all my attachments'.. besides the scarifier, what other cool stuff should i look for to mount on the back of old Gertrude?? :) Thanks again, huge help!!
rjardo, do you have any pictures of the scarifier? I have a model 600 and did not know this was an option, and was curious what it looks like. Regards, Tim.

OP
OP
R

rjardo

rjardo, do you have any pictures of the scarifier? I have a model 600 and did not know this was an option, and was curious what it looks like. Regards, Tim.
I uploaded some pics to the media area under '610 scarifier'. it's basically a bar with 5 adjustable tines and two stabilizer/drag feet at the extreme ends.. it came with the m-610 and i just got the rear aux tee'd into the system. i'm guessing i will take the feet off the ends for ripping and maybe use them when i have the hoe on the front.. the hoe has it's own stabilizers, but its easy to drag the machine with the hoe arm if you apply too much down force when digging.. all those hoe levers certainly test your hand/eye coordination.

thynes

I uploaded some pics to the media area under '610 scarifier'. it's basically a bar with 5 adjustable tines and two stabilizer/drag feet at the extreme ends.. it came with the m-610 and i just got the rear aux tee'd into the system. i'm guessing i will take the feet off the ends for ripping and maybe use them when i have the hoe on the front.. the hoe has it's own stabilizers, but its easy to drag the machine with the hoe arm if you apply too much down force when digging.. all those hoe levers certainly test your hand/eye coordination.
rjardo, thanks for the pics. Now I know what you guys are talking about. Was this a factory accessory from Bobcat, or from another vendor? Do you have a model #? It seems that this would make the bobcat very back heavy, and would make me think you would need to have some weight in the bucket to even things out... 6brnorma, have you had to had extra weight in the bucket to keep from tipping back? Do you have any pictures of yours in action? Thanks, Tim.

6brnorma

rjardo, thanks for the pics. Now I know what you guys are talking about. Was this a factory accessory from Bobcat, or from another vendor? Do you have a model #? It seems that this would make the bobcat very back heavy, and would make me think you would need to have some weight in the bucket to even things out... 6brnorma, have you had to had extra weight in the bucket to keep from tipping back? Do you have any pictures of yours in action? Thanks, Tim.
rjardo……I looked at your photos and that is exactly how that piece mounts on the machine…..looks like it will work just fine. Tim……I have a Mac and it doesn't work well with this site. I have been hoping they would update the site and I would show a complete (to the frame) rebuild on a 610 but I just can't post pics no matter how hard I've tried. All but one of my 610s are made into all-terrain forklifts set up with masts, higher gear ratio (for speed) and a 5th wheel……they are modified quite a bit but they are still 610s

6brnorma

rjardo……I lost a post somehow….don't know where it went. To answer your question …….the bushing serves as the wear surface. So what I do is use the largest size bolt for hole in the "bracket". I went to a steel supply and got pipe that just fit the bolt and in the largest wall size possible. I think it was nearly 1/2 inch thick. Then cut pieces to about 2 1/2 inches in length….dress up and then slip over bolt and bolt into each "bracket"

buckshot

rjardo……I lost a post somehow….don't know where it went. To answer your question …….the bushing serves as the wear surface. So what I do is use the largest size bolt for hole in the "bracket". I went to a steel supply and got pipe that just fit the bolt and in the largest wall size possible. I think it was nearly 1/2 inch thick. Then cut pieces to about 2 1/2 inches in length….dress up and then slip over bolt and bolt into each "bracket"
Greeting folks, I too have a 610 and would be interested in seeing the pics. I wondered around the site looking for "610 scarifier" but found nothing. Can anyone direct me to the pics. I would like to see what it looks like. thanks..........

OP
OP
R

rjardo

Greeting folks, I too have a 610 and would be interested in seeing the pics. I wondered around the site looking for "610 scarifier" but found nothing. Can anyone direct me to the pics. I would like to see what it looks like. thanks..........
buckshot - at the top of the page next to 'Forums', there's a 'Media' section. Once there, look through the folders for '610 rear scarifier'.. I just added a few more pictures of the finished mounts. I picked up some 3/4-10 grade 8 bolts and locknuts off ebay and made bushings from some steel tube i picked up at the scrapyard. the tube OD matches my hooks pretty well, but the ID was a little loose on the 3/4 bolts. i added some shims cut from smaller ID thin tube to help bear the load. if they wiggle loose or I break any of the bolts, my next plan is to make a better shim to control any wiggle. Once i get it hanging on there and find some ground to rip up, I'll post an update. I'm hoping it works well because I don't have a toothed bucket, and my leaky pond needs to be dug deeper in search of some better clay content :)