LX865 a few problems.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pinball1

Hi, I am new to this group and I am sure this has been covered before but I can't find it for this machine. I have an 1996 LX865 and the boom will leak down. When you stop raising it it leaks down 6 inches or so pretty quick, then will leak down more slowly, of course it is worse with the more weight you have on the boom. I have read about by-passing cylinders and maybe stop check valves but wanted opinion of where to start first? The pressure is fine and the bucket doesn't leak down any. Another potential problem is when the machine is first started the hydraulic pump whines pretty loud when under 1300 Rpm over that and it pretty much goes away and then goes away all together after the hydraulics heat up. Last problem is the machine does not go through it's glow plug heat up cycle anymore at least not the count down on the EIC display, don't have a clue about that one? Thanks for any help.

mllud

I believe the boom dropping is probably in your control block. its under the floor plate between your feet. theyr not dificult to rebuild. mostly shafts with O rings and seals. Taking care with clean working conditions is a must. The dealer should have a kit to rebuild it. When somthing goes wrong with a part of something like the control block I prefer to rebuild it as a unit. I figure the rest of the unit has similar age and wear and tear.
as far as your hydraulic pumps go yours sound normal. they whyne at lower R.P.M/s and when cold. Theyre made to operate right at higher R/s.
And your glow plug may be burned out. Mine starts right off down to 45/F without a glow.Your glow plug is located on your intake manafold near your upper radiator hose. it has a single wire and a small stainless steel fuel line that runs down to your injector pump. Its nit hard to remove and not to expensive. That is the only glow plug on your machine.
There are other members that may have more help with your hydraulic problem. It does sound like a check valve. Mike

OP
OP
P

pinball1

I believe the boom dropping is probably in your control block. its under the floor plate between your feet. theyr not dificult to rebuild. mostly shafts with O rings and seals. Taking care with clean working conditions is a must. The dealer should have a kit to rebuild it. When somthing goes wrong with a part of something like the control block I prefer to rebuild it as a unit. I figure the rest of the unit has similar age and wear and tear.
as far as your hydraulic pumps go yours sound normal. they whyne at lower R.P.M/s and when cold. Theyre made to operate right at higher R/s.
And your glow plug may be burned out. Mine starts right off down to 45/F without a glow.Your glow plug is located on your intake manafold near your upper radiator hose. it has a single wire and a small stainless steel fuel line that runs down to your injector pump. Its nit hard to remove and not to expensive. That is the only glow plug on your machine.
There are other members that may have more help with your hydraulic problem. It does sound like a check valve. Mike
Thanks for the suggestions. I pulled the cover to access the control block. It was covered in dirts so I pressure washed it. Does the block contain the load check or checks for the boom? I am suspecting that these may be bad or have blown o-rings as this is what I have read about so far? I sure would just inspect/replace them instead of pulling the whole block with all the lines etc. Again, thanks.

mllud

Thanks for the suggestions. I pulled the cover to access the control block. It was covered in dirts so I pressure washed it. Does the block contain the load check or checks for the boom? I am suspecting that these may be bad or have blown o-rings as this is what I have read about so far? I sure would just inspect/replace them instead of pulling the whole block with all the lines etc. Again, thanks.
The load check/s and everything else controling the bucket and boom would be in the block. I dont have the manual that covers the hydraulics on my lx865. N/H has a different manual that covers the different parts of the loader.I have the engine manual and the owners manual. there is one for the hydraulic system and one for electrical. I plan on geing the one that covers hyraulics next. Here is the phone number to order the different manuals 1-800-635-4913. They usually pay for their self the first time you use them. they will need your serial number if you order one. Mike

Latest posts