LX865 bucket controls won't unlock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ADAGUY

Hello, I have a 1999 LX 865 that has always ran just fine with very few issues, but last week I got on it and the ignition just made the clicking noise. It simply acted as if the seat belt wasn't fastened.
I unbuckled the seat belt, shifted around in the seat and re buckled the seat belt, but still the unit wouldn't start. Flipped the Run/Service switch to "service" mode and the engine started right up, but foot controls for the bucket are locked up whether unit is in run or service mode.
I've checked the eat switches and the switches close with weight on them. The seat belt switch closes when fastened, but still not change in the bucket controls.
This unit had a cab installed after I got it, and the door switch can stop the bucket from operating. When I unplug the door switch I get no voltage to the switch. So I'm trying to find where the switch would be fused.
Can any one help me with this? Perhaps you know some other places I should check out that might cause this problem?

brdgbldr

Clean and tighten all of the battery connections and grounding points. Also make sure all of the fuses are in good condition, no corrosion in the connection points. This is the cheapest thing to start with and 90% of the time, issues like this are fixed.

mrbb

does your seat belt light go out when you connect your seat belt? or is it staying on?
I also have a 1999 LX 865, with an enclosed cab, but mine does NOT have any safety switch for the door, not even any location for one,
door comes off and on without any connections , minus wiper switch connection?
could it be possible someone added a safety switch for the door?

Latest posts