LX565 boom hydraulics bizarre unlock procedure

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Katep788

I have a 1996 LX565 bought about 2 years ago. It will NOT start up and unlock the hydraulics like the manual says it should.

It's always required this odd process to unlock the boom hydraulics. But even when the "spell" is performed exactly it hasn't always worked. But success has gone from about 90% of the time to less than 50% and I'm getting worried! If anyone has ANY ideas...

Steps necessary to start skid and unlock boom hydraulics:
1) switch MUST be in Service (engine won't crank in Run)
2) key off
3) sit in seat and buckle seatbelt
4) start engine
5) move switch to Run
6) unbuckle and re-buckle seat belt

USUALLY everything works after this boom electronics unlock. But not always. And the success rate is declining. About half the time the engine dies when the switch is moved from service to Run.

If I forget to buckle the seatbelt before starting the tractor, switching it to run shuts it down AND I get an "error 2"

Other information:

EIC doesn't turn on when you sit in the seat
Seatbelt safety light never turns on nor battery light
Skid will not crank when the switch is in Run, only in Service
I can unbuckle the seatbelt, get out and back in, and rebuckle the seatbelt and everything works
The boom hydraulics do lock out if I unbuckle the belt or get out of the seat (tried to clasp the seatbelt and run the boom from outside and it is locked)
If I stall the skid steer I can often (but not always) just restart it without having to buckle/unbuckle or move the Service/Run switch. But only if I do it relatively fast (???) and not every time.

Checked:

All seat switches were removed and checked and function properly
EIC wires are continuous to the seat and seatbelt switches
Seat pressure switch DOES have battery voltage all the time
Verified activated seat pressure switch DOES pass voltage to EIC
I tried to see if the EIC was locked but I can't get it into that mode because it won't start up without the key on

Any suggestions??? I don't even know what else to look for. I'm currently cleaning the EIC which was full of debris and insects so maybe....???

Kate

imans

I have owned the same machine since almost new. I had all those problems-everything goes through EIC- they fail. I got a board that is a newer style and wire adapter and works great now.

imans

I have a 1996 LX565 bought about 2 years ago. It will NOT start up and unlock the hydraulics like the manual says it should.

It's always required this odd process to unlock the boom hydraulics. But even when the "spell" is performed exactly it hasn't always worked. But success has gone from about 90% of the time to less than 50% and I'm getting worried! If anyone has ANY ideas...

Steps necessary to start skid and unlock boom hydraulics:
1) switch MUST be in Service (engine won't crank in Run)
2) key off
3) sit in seat and buckle seatbelt
4) start engine
5) move switch to Run
6) unbuckle and re-buckle seat belt

USUALLY everything works after this boom electronics unlock. But not always. And the success rate is declining. About half the time the engine dies when the switch is moved from service to Run.

If I forget to buckle the seatbelt before starting the tractor, switching it to run shuts it down AND I get an "error 2"

Other information:

EIC doesn't turn on when you sit in the seat
Seatbelt safety light never turns on nor battery light
Skid will not crank when the switch is in Run, only in Service
I can unbuckle the seatbelt, get out and back in, and rebuckle the seatbelt and everything works
The boom hydraulics do lock out if I unbuckle the belt or get out of the seat (tried to clasp the seatbelt and run the boom from outside and it is locked)
If I stall the skid steer I can often (but not always) just restart it without having to buckle/unbuckle or move the Service/Run switch. But only if I do it relatively fast (???) and not every time.

Checked:

All seat switches were removed and checked and function properly
EIC wires are continuous to the seat and seatbelt switches
Seat pressure switch DOES have battery voltage all the time
Verified activated seat pressure switch DOES pass voltage to EIC
I tried to see if the EIC was locked but I can't get it into that mode because it won't start up without the key on

Any suggestions??? I don't even know what else to look for. I'm currently cleaning the EIC which was full of debris and insects so maybe....???

Kate