ls170 park brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

steggles

I have a ls170. The park brake hasn't worked since I purchased it second hand. Just wanting to know how the park brake works and how to replace the pads, any help would be great as I do not have a workshop manual, thanks.

robmints

steggles, I don't know. But Just buy the workshop manual. It will prove very helpful. It is not your run of the mill brake location. You need to remove the rear wheels and drive housing. But you can check the linkage from the handle to where it runs into the chain boxes. You will need to search for the manual link. I think it was on tradebit, best $40 you will spend.

skidsteer.ca

steggles, I don't know. But Just buy the workshop manual. It will prove very helpful. It is not your run of the mill brake location. You need to remove the rear wheels and drive housing. But you can check the linkage from the handle to where it runs into the chain boxes. You will need to search for the manual link. I think it was on tradebit, best $40 you will spend.
Here is a link to a manual.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ea2a89d84d39b0354c17ca8801618ef7e06e7ec9afec31ba84bbec0582a7e90e