LS 170 electronic parking brake adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

cdretc

Hello. I downloaded the manual and read the posts about the LS 170 parking brake adjustment, but it seems like the instructions are for manual set parking brakes. Can somebody please point me to how to do this on an electronically set parking brake? Thanks

kansas555

Did you find any cure for your electronic parking brake problem? I am not getting a red brake light when I go to start and I think their is a sensor or solenoid that must be out on my electronic parking brake..

kansas555

Cant seem to find out any information on the electronic parking brake. The red park light is not on and I dont think the engine will start over safety issues. Can anyone help me with this?

OP
OP
C

cdretc

No, nobody helped. I can't help sorry. My red light turns on, but the parking brake doesn't work. I dunno what is the procedure to check/adjust. The manual only details parking brake that is set with a lever.

Scooter515

No, nobody helped. I can't help sorry. My red light turns on, but the parking brake doesn't work. I dunno what is the procedure to check/adjust. The manual only details parking brake that is set with a lever.
LS170 typically had a spring loaded hand brake. L 170 series has two hyd cylinders (one for each side) connected to same brake puck assembly (cylinders just replace manual brake handle). Problem often originated by moving machine without releasing red brake button. Resolution often requires removal/repair of cylinders and adjustment of brake pucks which is similar to old hand pull style .

BijouHills54

That brake system was not the best they are spring-loaded and hydraulicly released I used a hand pump to release /extend the cylinder rod so you could get the brake lever off the shaft and they are backwards from the old hand brake to have to pull up on the lever to apply the brake puck and I always adjusted them so that about 1 1 1/4 of the rod was showing when brake was applied trial and error to get them right.