Login Question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JDWY

Is it normal to have to log in every day on the Skid Steer forum? I always put a checkmark in the "keep me logged in box", however I'm always logged out the next day. I also had another question, after posting, I don't see an EDIT icon anywhere that can be clicked on in order to edit or correct spelling on a post. Thank you for any advice. JD

Tazza

Staff member
Sadly there is no edit feature for members at this time, only moderators.
As for being loged out, that is a weird one. My computer keeps me loged in after checking the box at initial login. It will be reset if at any time i clear history or any login information, but that is to be expected.

lesgawlik

Sadly there is no edit feature for members at this time, only moderators.
As for being loged out, that is a weird one. My computer keeps me loged in after checking the box at initial login. It will be reset if at any time i clear history or any login information, but that is to be expected.
I have the same login problem. Interestingly, it started about 6 months ago. Before that, I would stay logged in. Now, each time I come back I have to log in all over again, and I keep the box checked as well.

OP
OP
J

JDWY

I have the same login problem. Interestingly, it started about 6 months ago. Before that, I would stay logged in. Now, each time I come back I have to log in all over again, and I keep the box checked as well.
(I just logged in again so I could post) My problem may have something to do with the fact that although I went through all the registration procedures properly about 3 times I never got an Email allowing me to join the forum. After contacting the forum administration he solved the problem for me but maybe by bypassing a step or two in registering it may be causing my login problem, who knows?

Tazza

Staff member
(I just logged in again so I could post) My problem may have something to do with the fact that although I went through all the registration procedures properly about 3 times I never got an Email allowing me to join the forum. After contacting the forum administration he solved the problem for me but maybe by bypassing a step or two in registering it may be causing my login problem, who knows?
I didn't think that could be the issue, i'd have suspected the web browzer was the issue.
As you can login, i thought the web browzer is the one that is meant to keep your login information stored for when you return.

OP
OP
J

JDWY

I didn't think that could be the issue, i'd have suspected the web browzer was the issue.
As you can login, i thought the web browzer is the one that is meant to keep your login information stored for when you return.
Thanks, Tazza, it may be the browser but it doesn't happen on other forums, no big deal. Logging in every time is well worth all the good info here. As far as the Edit feature, it's amazing how I can proof-read a post, then after I've posted it, there's a spelling error staring at me that somehow I missed. :)