Help Influence skid steer design of the future. Second questions.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JBeuk

Hey yall, We are a group of designers researching and designing attachments for the skidsteer. Our client is a major producer of skidsteers worldwide. Any input that you could give us would be greatly appreciated and could help to develop the next generation of skidsteer attachments. Have you ever modified an existing attachment to improve or change its function? If so how? Are there any problems with existing attachments? Which attachment could use the most improvement?

Tazza

Staff member
I'm only a home operator so I'm not the best for advise on this. I use and LOVE my 4 in 1 bucket, the only thing is some of the cheap ones tend to bow. If they use good quality steel its ok, but even the good brands tend to bow in time, not sure if it can be worked out or not. You still have the weight vs strength issue, You could make it all out of 1/2" plate and it won't bow but then the bucket would we 2x as much!
Just my 2c worth (2c aussie, so not worth all that much).

Wayne440

Last post on this thread before yours was in 2009. The price isn't going to go down as long as people are buying, and they apparently are.

(NOTE to forum admins- is there some way to flag posts that are 10+ years old so this stuff doesn't keep getting dredged up? Maybe a different type style, background color or ???)