Log Splitter ????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
Fridge!, that reminds me of another no no. Don't use the dishwasher to clean carburetors unless she's gone for the day.........
HAHAHA why on earth would you even consider that? i'm sure you know you would be in the dog house if/when caught.
You should have used the excuse "ooh, i don't know how THAT got in there dear"

mllud

HAHAHA why on earth would you even consider that? i'm sure you know you would be in the dog house if/when caught.
You should have used the excuse "ooh, i don't know how THAT got in there dear"
I bake small painted parts like exhaust manafolds in the oven. Cures and hardens paint.
I do wipe the oven down afterwards.She comes home and asks what that smell is. I just say what smell.
I need an old oven for the garage so she dont catch me and go, Lorane Babbit

perry

I bake small painted parts like exhaust manafolds in the oven. Cures and hardens paint.
I do wipe the oven down afterwards.She comes home and asks what that smell is. I just say what smell.
I need an old oven for the garage so she dont catch me and go, Lorane Babbit
Vinrum, I like the 5" rod, just my idea but, if I had a 5" I would build a 4-6 (star) blade splitter with a up-down adjustment. Split 4-6 pieces with one split.

Tazza

Staff member
Log splitters for the brave.........
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlpcnCsDBeo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bVAAx3mMKY
I'll stick to hydraulics thank you very much :)
I do like the idea of the screw to split the log, very clever but i see it being a little un-safe!

perry

I'll stick to hydraulics thank you very much :)
I do like the idea of the screw to split the log, very clever but i see it being a little un-safe!
If I needed a log splitter to use exclusively around the home, I believe a 220V would be best, no noise and no worry about the gas engine not starting.

Earthwerks Unlimited

Ya thats what I meant. My wife is touchy about her kitchen.
I'd be MORE worried about my "tools"! Did you toss out all the Super Glue too? Or am I thinking of someone else of that era that was spurned back in the good ol' days of the 1980's? (I'm showing my age now)

mllud

I'd be MORE worried about my "tools"! Did you toss out all the Super Glue too? Or am I thinking of someone else of that era that was spurned back in the good ol' days of the 1980's? (I'm showing my age now)
Earthwrks
I think I do remember someone using super glue to get even with someone. One thing a guy always has to remember is you have to go to sleep. A good reason to stay between the lines.
Mike

mllud

Earthwrks
I think I do remember someone using super glue to get even with someone. One thing a guy always has to remember is you have to go to sleep. A good reason to stay between the lines.
Mike
I just bought a cylinder from the surplus center. Brand name Chief. I got a 4" bore with a 36 inch stroke. My hardy outside wood stove takes up to 32" lengths and my buck stove takes 18". I figured the 36 would be good to split double length 18" for the inside stove. Then cut them in half. I dont know if that will save any handling or just create more.Im going to set my old clark fork truck up next to the splitter to load.
My question is will the cylinder split 36" long oak? Under skid steer power.
I probably should have asked before I bought . The extra length doesnt cost much more when buying cylinders.
After I ordered the cylinder I seen a post of Perrys mentioning Baileys. Do they manufacture Chief cylinders? They were about $30 more than The Surplus Center for the same cylinder. Both places had a lot of great stock.
My only experience wiith splitters is with small engine splitters. I hope this does the Job.
The previous item info deleted by owensge. There was some code in the pasted information that was causing posting issues.