Loader arm switch problem??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gink595

I have a 2000 773 G series. Last Thursday I was splitting some wood and had my wife running the controls for the Hyd. and I had her push and hold the Hyd. release button to kill the motor, well the key stayed on until late last night when we returned from a camping trip I kept hearing this beeping and found it to be my Bobcat, well today I went out and jump started it and everything seemed fine for a while until it would come to a hault and the control panel would go blank, I'd hit the green button and nothing and then after a while it would work again, then repeat. The traction override button (yellow) works but I cannot get the loader arms to move now it is locked and the panel will not light back up when I push the green button. with having the key on for such a long time, could have burned a solienoid up? Any ideas?? Thanks Frank

Tazza

Staff member
I was sort of thinking that, but they should be built strong enough to be able to stay on for extended periods of time....
Is it your park brake that won't release? or is it your hydraulics too?

OP
OP
G

gink595

I was sort of thinking that, but they should be built strong enough to be able to stay on for extended periods of time....
Is it your park brake that won't release? or is it your hydraulics too?
No it's the green button that releases the Hydraulics, for the loader arm, it will work...sometimes but not for more than 5 minutes. The park brake realeases, i can drive it in the traction overide button (yellow) but thats it I haven't tried my aux. yet. to see if the switches and such work. It doesn't throw any codes either.

skidsteer.ca

No it's the green button that releases the Hydraulics, for the loader arm, it will work...sometimes but not for more than 5 minutes. The park brake realeases, i can drive it in the traction overide button (yellow) but thats it I haven't tried my aux. yet. to see if the switches and such work. It doesn't throw any codes either.
I would try the relays, not sure which one powers the lock for the boom, They are generally labeled Starter, Park Brake, Glow Plugs and ??? Located in the cover behind your calves just above the foot pedals. The relays are all the same, try swaping them around but keep track of which one you put where. If the problem does not change then move them back.
There are many things that can cause this problem, I'd hope that leaving 5he key on would not fry anything but who knows, welcome to the world of Bobcat electronics.
Ken

OldMachinist

I would try the relays, not sure which one powers the lock for the boom, They are generally labeled Starter, Park Brake, Glow Plugs and ??? Located in the cover behind your calves just above the foot pedals. The relays are all the same, try swaping them around but keep track of which one you put where. If the problem does not change then move them back.
There are many things that can cause this problem, I'd hope that leaving 5he key on would not fry anything but who knows, welcome to the world of Bobcat electronics.
Ken
You said you jump started it but did you charge the battery? It may just be a low voltage thing.

OP
OP
G

gink595

You said you jump started it but did you charge the battery? It may just be a low voltage thing.
No I didn't charge the battery, I just let it run for quite some time, Do you think with it running it could be in a low voltage state and not wanting to hold that relay in when charged? I figured with it running it would have enough voltage to pull in that solenoid?? Thanks

OldMachinist

No I didn't charge the battery, I just let it run for quite some time, Do you think with it running it could be in a low voltage state and not wanting to hold that relay in when charged? I figured with it running it would have enough voltage to pull in that solenoid?? Thanks
It depends on what rpm you let it run at and how well your charging system is working. If the battery was depleted to the point it wouldn't turn it over it needs to be put on a charger. It could take hours to charge it just running the engine.

OP
OP
G

gink595

It depends on what rpm you let it run at and how well your charging system is working. If the battery was depleted to the point it wouldn't turn it over it needs to be put on a charger. It could take hours to charge it just running the engine.
I went home for lunch today and jumped in it and it started fine. I know I replaced the battery last winter. I do hear the relay by my calves clicking on and off. After work I will pull the panel off and see what I can find.

OP
OP
G

gink595

I went home for lunch today and jumped in it and it started fine. I know I replaced the battery last winter. I do hear the relay by my calves clicking on and off. After work I will pull the panel off and see what I can find.
Well it looks like my luck is getting worse, tonight I pulled the panel for the relays and fuses an switched out the relay, when I started it it ran for about 30 seconds and the oil pressure light came on and it threw the 04-14 code to confirm extreme low engine oil pressure. And then shuts itself down. This motor has only 1028 hrs on it and has been maintainaced. I can't see this problem to be true, could I have burned the main computer up? It looks like I'll have to take it to Bobcat I'm really confused by the electronics of this mess.

Tazza

Staff member
Well it looks like my luck is getting worse, tonight I pulled the panel for the relays and fuses an switched out the relay, when I started it it ran for about 30 seconds and the oil pressure light came on and it threw the 04-14 code to confirm extreme low engine oil pressure. And then shuts itself down. This motor has only 1028 hrs on it and has been maintainaced. I can't see this problem to be true, could I have burned the main computer up? It looks like I'll have to take it to Bobcat I'm really confused by the electronics of this mess.
I can't see it being the computer.... If it was left on there is no reason for it to burn out. Thats the problem with current machines, so much electronics to get through!

OP
OP
G

gink595

I can't see it being the computer.... If it was left on there is no reason for it to burn out. Thats the problem with current machines, so much electronics to get through!
Well guys, mystery is solved. It ended up being the battery ground cable, someone before me must have had a problem with the lug that grounds it to the motor and just rigged it. The dealer said it was just wrapped around a bolt and the lug was gone. I haven't used it yet but they said it worked fine. Looks like I squeaked by on this one, I was for sure it was going to be expensive.