Lining up Engine and Pump 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
The diagram was very helpful, once I knew what I was looking for.
Does anyone know where to find an electrical diagram? I found one unhooked connector and a cut wire under the cab on quick inspection.
The parts counter guy, hilarious again. I asked a few questions about what part numbers were where and some other simple questions about a cross reference for the bolt sizes, he looked at me and said "I am not a mechanic". He confirmed this when he asked for my serial, I said its an 853 and rattled off the last 5 digits, he honestly tried to just put in the last 5 and said "that is not a valid serial number". Next time I should pull up a seat next to him and get comfy.....
LOL
I guess he may have been new, the parts guys that are at my local dealer are great. They know what their doing! They just need to learn where different parts are located and what section of the program. I believe they keep changing software which means they need to keep learning where things are not stored.

skidsteer.ca

The diagram was very helpful, once I knew what I was looking for.
Does anyone know where to find an electrical diagram? I found one unhooked connector and a cut wire under the cab on quick inspection.
The parts counter guy, hilarious again. I asked a few questions about what part numbers were where and some other simple questions about a cross reference for the bolt sizes, he looked at me and said "I am not a mechanic". He confirmed this when he asked for my serial, I said its an 853 and rattled off the last 5 digits, he honestly tried to just put in the last 5 and said "that is not a valid serial number". Next time I should pull up a seat next to him and get comfy.....
Dealers all vary in parts, pricing and attitude. Some parts guys are vary mechanical minded or will fetch one to answer you questions, and then there are others...
You have to check around to find a dealer you like, there will be one not too far away.
As for parts The Isuzu engine was only used in the 853 and I believe some 843 (which does not have the engine in sideway so they have little in common) machines.
The bell is on the wrong end compared to the 700 series Kubota engine models, which are far more common. Also this machine was only made for a few years. As a result in stock items for it will be less common again.
Don't be too surprized to have to order things, maybe not bolts, but Bobcat only items.
I believe the 853 only shares some commonality (outside of the cab and tailgate) with the 863, but it also has a different (Deutz) engine
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Dealers all vary in parts, pricing and attitude. Some parts guys are vary mechanical minded or will fetch one to answer you questions, and then there are others...
You have to check around to find a dealer you like, there will be one not too far away.
As for parts The Isuzu engine was only used in the 853 and I believe some 843 (which does not have the engine in sideway so they have little in common) machines.
The bell is on the wrong end compared to the 700 series Kubota engine models, which are far more common. Also this machine was only made for a few years. As a result in stock items for it will be less common again.
Don't be too surprized to have to order things, maybe not bolts, but Bobcat only items.
I believe the 853 only shares some commonality (outside of the cab and tailgate) with the 863, but it also has a different (Deutz) engine
Ken
Thats very true with the people that work there. I remember calling on a Friday after a key, they have 5 or so in stock, i got there Saturday morning and they were all gone! one of the guys had a great idea, they sell barrels WITH keys. He went out the back and came back with a barrel and key, took the key out and he just ordered a spare to replace the one he took out. Not many people would have thought about that, they would have said come back next week and we will have stock. I was most impressed with the extra service i got. This is AFTER he went into the workshop to try and find a spare key for me, took a while and most people would have just given up!