Lift arms for 974

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

trplee

Does anyone know what lift arms that are capatible with the 974. The ones on my skid steer are really cracked up. This machine was really abused. I need to find a way to replace them. Any help is appreciated. 1987 melroe bobcat

OP
OP
T

trplee

Does anyone have information on salvage yards where I can get a replacement set. I believe 974 and 975 liftarms are the same.

Tazza

Staff member
Does anyone have information on salvage yards where I can get a replacement set. I believe 974 and 975 liftarms are the same.
Honestly, i think you are going to have a really hard time finding a set.
Its such a rare machine!
Just how bad are the arms? I have re-welded a set of broken arms and they are top notch now. I used cellulose rods for deep penetration to weld the cracks after i gouged them out with a plasma. I then cut the top of the arm out and put in plates internally and welded them in to gain strength then welded the top back on. Its done a lot of work since and no signs of cracks. You can't even tell where it was repaired!

mllud

Its such a rare machine!
Just how bad are the arms? I have re-welded a set of broken arms and they are top notch now. I used cellulose rods for deep penetration to weld the cracks after i gouged them out with a plasma. I then cut the top of the arm out and put in plates internally and welded them in to gain strength then welded the top back on. Its done a lot of work since and no signs of cracks. You can't even tell where it was repaired!
This is a salvage yard that deals mostly in Bobcats
www.wengers.com/skid-loader-parts.asp
Note to all
When posting links and make sure there is a space at each end of the link.
Ken

OP
OP
T

trplee

Its such a rare machine!
thanks for reply