lift arm on t190

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

scsindust

On my T190, the lift arm creep down very slowly when they are raised up. And when I push the pedal to raise them, they go down just a hair before raising. For example, I was helping a neighbor pull the enigine out of his truck, everytime I go to put some tension on the chain, I could see the arms ever so slightly going down. And when I went to raise the arms real slow, they would go down a little bit and then go up. Weird thing is, is when the pedal is in 'neutral', the arms creep slow, but when I push the pedal a little to go up, they creep a little bit faster, right before they start to go up. Does this sound like more of an adjustment problem or a valve block problem?

Tazza

Staff member
It actually sounds like your load checks more than anything. These will be behind what look like plugs on your control block. 2 per segment, one for up one for down. They have a poppet and spring to hold the pressure in place and there may be seals there, not 100% on that one..... The seals do go bad (if fitted) and can cause that problem. It could be bad piston seals in your rams, but with the dropping it sounds more like load checks to me.

OP
OP
S

scsindust

It actually sounds like your load checks more than anything. These will be behind what look like plugs on your control block. 2 per segment, one for up one for down. They have a poppet and spring to hold the pressure in place and there may be seals there, not 100% on that one..... The seals do go bad (if fitted) and can cause that problem. It could be bad piston seals in your rams, but with the dropping it sounds more like load checks to me.
Thanks! What don't you know??? I'll check that out as soon as I get a chance.

OP
OP
S

scsindust

How to make a million bucks!!!!
Its just an idea though, but the symptoms do fit.
Haven't fixed the problem yet, but I noticed the back side of the control block is leaking, right around one of the two cylinders. It was leaking out of the one with the green rubber cap on it. I tightened the bolts that hold it on, which helped a little. Is this the check valve that you were talking about? Or something else?

Tazza

Staff member
Haven't fixed the problem yet, but I noticed the back side of the control block is leaking, right around one of the two cylinders. It was leaking out of the one with the green rubber cap on it. I tightened the bolts that hold it on, which helped a little. Is this the check valve that you were talking about? Or something else?
That is just a cap to cover the spring to hold the spool centre when the pedal is released. The load checks should be behind what look like plugs where the tube lines connect to the control block. I don't know if they are at right angles to the spool or in line with it. If you have a look, you should see a plug on either end where the spool goes back and forth in the control block.
You need to remove the plug and you will find a spring and poppet here, thats the load check.

OP
OP
S

scsindust

That is just a cap to cover the spring to hold the spool centre when the pedal is released. The load checks should be behind what look like plugs where the tube lines connect to the control block. I don't know if they are at right angles to the spool or in line with it. If you have a look, you should see a plug on either end where the spool goes back and forth in the control block.
You need to remove the plug and you will find a spring and poppet here, thats the load check.
When I take the green rubber cap off, all there is, is a clean solid metal cylinder looking object bolted to the back of the valve block.

Tazza

Staff member
When I take the green rubber cap off, all there is, is a clean solid metal cylinder looking object bolted to the back of the valve block.
That rubber cap just stops dirt/dust getting i nto the spring that is inside the alloy cap you can see that is bolted to the control block.

nobull1

That rubber cap just stops dirt/dust getting i nto the spring that is inside the alloy cap you can see that is bolted to the control block.
Don't claim to be an expert but I just changed my spool seals on mt 763. If the metal cap has a c clip on the end don't take it off, just unbolt the cover from the control valve to remove the spool. Inside the cover is balls and springs for the float position and if you are not having problems with it leave it alone. This is assuming the control valve is similar to the 763 and it is the lift spool you are working on. If not crinkle this post up and throw it in the fire.

Brian

Latest posts