L785 skidsteer main coupler

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

stumpy55

The "Ujoint" or coupler on my machine is shot. Can anyone tell me the tricks of replacing it? Do I need to pull the engine? It has a Ford diesel in it

OP
OP
S

stumpy55

I've had three NH's over the years and none has had a u-joint. What are you talking about and how do you know it's bad?
It is a ujoint coupler that connects the engine to the transmission. You can see it when you remove the seat. I believe NH just calls it a coupler, but it has a ujoint in it. When engine is running, I can see "slop" in it, just like an automotive ujoint. I already bought a new joint from the dealer.

jcriddl

It is a ujoint coupler that connects the engine to the transmission. You can see it when you remove the seat. I believe NH just calls it a coupler, but it has a ujoint in it. When engine is running, I can see "slop" in it, just like an automotive ujoint. I already bought a new joint from the dealer.
I know what you are talking about and the easiest way to replace it is by removing the pump assemblies. [email protected]

irwin

I know what you are talking about and the easiest way to replace it is by removing the pump assemblies. [email protected]
Sure looks like a u-joint. Here's a parts page from Messicks.. #13.
nhimage.aspx