Kubota V2003T front cover question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a 773G turbo with a V2003t engine that the front gear cover on the engine is cracked in the water pump area. I have found a used cover from a 743 with a 1702 engine. They look identical and the water pump is the same part number, however I can't get anyone to tell me whether the covers are indeed the same? Anyone out there have any info on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tazza

Staff member
I can't tell you if they are the same or not, they do look the same, the entire engine looks the same except the head. Same sizes too, at a guess i would say yes, but I'm not going to say it for sure. Even the timing gear is the same.
If its cheap, its worth a go. Just remember the spring for the govenor, i have pulled a cover off once before and took the spring with it too!

OP
OP
O
I can't tell you if they are the same or not, they do look the same, the entire engine looks the same except the head. Same sizes too, at a guess i would say yes, but I'm not going to say it for sure. Even the timing gear is the same.
If its cheap, its worth a go. Just remember the spring for the govenor, i have pulled a cover off once before and took the spring with it too!
Thanks for the info! I bought this 773 in running condition with water in the oil and have the engine out and have a cracked head and cracked front cover. Now I am trying to repair it economically as possible.

Kelly

Thanks for the info! I bought this 773 in running condition with water in the oil and have the engine out and have a cracked head and cracked front cover. Now I am trying to repair it economically as possible.
Those covers are not the same, the part number for the 773t 6688640 and the 743 is 6674164.

OP
OP
O
Those covers are not the same, the part number for the 773t 6688640 and the 743 is 6674164.
I went ahead and bought the cover off of the 743 and it is identical right down to the casting number? And it fit and functioned correctly. I don't know why the part numbers are not the same but it was the correct cover. I took a shot at it for $50.00 and it workied just fine. Thanks for the input!