Ken-Taxxa or anyone-please explain?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Installed a complete used foot control unit and my aux. hyd. still stays on all the time?, there was only one electrical plug-in on the used foot control unit and when I engage the 'push to operated button I hear the 'click', there is only a left-right switch and pull trigger on the right handle.
The aux. push button on the upper right control panel has two lights and the top one blinks, I tried everything and it will not turn off?.
I checked the aux. spools, they look good, and replaced the coils.
I may need to buy a new right handle but, I'll try a few more suggestions first.
Thanks in advance,

Perry

Tazza

Staff member
I'll get it right in a minute, it's a 853
Unfortunately my knowledge of later model machines is very limited. Ken would know more about this than i would....
From memory, you were only replacing the hand controls to foot controls because you liked them better rite? everything was working before? if so, it has to be something simple. The controls were just linked with cables? i can't see what could be causing any other problems unless a plug was removed or knocked during installation of the new controls.

skidsteer.ca

Unfortunately my knowledge of later model machines is very limited. Ken would know more about this than i would....
From memory, you were only replacing the hand controls to foot controls because you liked them better rite? everything was working before? if so, it has to be something simple. The controls were just linked with cables? i can't see what could be causing any other problems unless a plug was removed or knocked during installation of the new controls.
Look at your main valve body and find the spool that has a electric coil on each end, (the other 2 are hooked to you foot pedals) Unplug the coils and the problem should stop if its electric. if thats the case maybe something is wired differently from your old hnadles to the new ones
If that don't cure it it sounds like a bad stem. (the part the coil slides over) debris in the oil (likely from the quick couplers) gets in and jams the needle in the stem. hook up a hyd attachment and see which way the oil is trying to flow, swap the stems from side to side and see if the flow switches direction.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Look at your main valve body and find the spool that has a electric coil on each end, (the other 2 are hooked to you foot pedals) Unplug the coils and the problem should stop if its electric. if thats the case maybe something is wired differently from your old hnadles to the new ones
If that don't cure it it sounds like a bad stem. (the part the coil slides over) debris in the oil (likely from the quick couplers) gets in and jams the needle in the stem. hook up a hyd attachment and see which way the oil is trying to flow, swap the stems from side to side and see if the flow switches direction.
Ken
Ken, I pulled both stems on the main valve body and they looked good. I'll check them again and swap the coil connections to see if that does anything. When I installed the foot controls and plugged in the connecter, it still will not turn off the aux. hyd????
Thanks Ken,

skidsteer.ca

Ken, I pulled both stems on the main valve body and they looked good. I'll check them again and swap the coil connections to see if that does anything. When I installed the foot controls and plugged in the connecter, it still will not turn off the aux. hyd????
Thanks Ken,
Perry
You won't see any dirt, the problem is with the needle inside the stem, all you can do is swap them and see if the oil flow changes direction. With no coils or wires connnected there should be no flow.
The flashing light by the button indicates some sort of electrical problem, but I'd have to refresh my memory.
I can't see your engine weighing 1100 lbs, but likely 8 to 900.
You did know there is a drain for the fuel tank under the cover where your chain case oil drains?
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
You won't see any dirt, the problem is with the needle inside the stem, all you can do is swap them and see if the oil flow changes direction. With no coils or wires connnected there should be no flow.
The flashing light by the button indicates some sort of electrical problem, but I'd have to refresh my memory.
I can't see your engine weighing 1100 lbs, but likely 8 to 900.
You did know there is a drain for the fuel tank under the cover where your chain case oil drains?
Ken
Ken, drained the fuel tank yesterday and the fuel didn't look dirty, when I removed the pickup tube and screen and it looked like a home made filter screen which was filthy. Decided to pick up a new fuel sending unit, pickup tube and filter screen from BC, when I install the the tube and screen, I'm going to shorten the tube by about an inch, this will keep it off the bottom of the tank and, hopefully, not pick up trash.
When I picked up the parts I had an opportunity to talk to one of the mechanics about the aux. hyd. problems, he said the top blinking light indicates a ground short or, my ignition switch might be an after market, which can cause problems with the aux. hyd., he said to make sure it's a BC ignition switch. Something about the BC switch having three diodes?
I found out you cannot use an after market temp gauge, BC designed their electrical so only their parts work.

Thanks