jerking bucking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dlong

I have a t250 and if i try to be gentle when picking something up it jerks but if i run it all out not so much.Machine has a 1000 hrs is this normal?

Tazza

Staff member
That doesn't sound normal to me, even with my machine at idle my bucket doesn't jerk at all. I guess it could be an issue with your hydraulic pump.
Do you have any hydraulic leaks? it could be air getting into your system causing caveattion, this will make your hydraulics jittery and noisy.

OP
OP
D

dlong

That doesn't sound normal to me, even with my machine at idle my bucket doesn't jerk at all. I guess it could be an issue with your hydraulic pump.
Do you have any hydraulic leaks? it could be air getting into your system causing caveattion, this will make your hydraulics jittery and noisy.
The bucket don't buck or jerk its the entire machine.I cant find any leaks and it does not do it bad, it may be operator error.If there were air in it how would i get it out.I did have a pump seal replaced so air is possible.

Tazza

Staff member
The bucket don't buck or jerk its the entire machine.I cant find any leaks and it does not do it bad, it may be operator error.If there were air in it how would i get it out.I did have a pump seal replaced so air is possible.
Air self bleeds from these systems, it just takes a little time.
I guess it could be *operator error* but generally you get used to the controls pretty fast. Naturally as you dig into a pile of dirt you get thrown forward, this in turn pushes the steering levers forward which i guess could be the cause of jerking.
Low long has you been using the machine? has it always done this?

ice9393

Air self bleeds from these systems, it just takes a little time.
I guess it could be *operator error* but generally you get used to the controls pretty fast. Naturally as you dig into a pile of dirt you get thrown forward, this in turn pushes the steering levers forward which i guess could be the cause of jerking.
Low long has you been using the machine? has it always done this?
Did you find the problem my T200 is doing the same thing? When you barely move it jumps and at full forward everything is fine.

siduramaxde

Did you find the problem my T200 is doing the same thing? When you barely move it jumps and at full forward everything is fine.
Either you guys are just not used to the controls being sensitive or possibly the shock absorbers on the controls are worn. Bobcat has a kit out that allows you to connect 2 shock absorbers to each control stalk and I have heard it helps.
Trust me guys, it is nice to have more sensitve controls than controls that are slopped out. With sensitve controls you can be much more precise. I believe that in the past few years Bobcat has made all their controls direct linkage instead of cable linkage. I had a 863 with the cable linkage and it was bad compared to my T200 with direct linkage. The T200 has alot more feedback in the controls and allow me to be much more precise.

ice9393

Either you guys are just not used to the controls being sensitive or possibly the shock absorbers on the controls are worn. Bobcat has a kit out that allows you to connect 2 shock absorbers to each control stalk and I have heard it helps.
Trust me guys, it is nice to have more sensitve controls than controls that are slopped out. With sensitve controls you can be much more precise. I believe that in the past few years Bobcat has made all their controls direct linkage instead of cable linkage. I had a 863 with the cable linkage and it was bad compared to my T200 with direct linkage. The T200 has alot more feedback in the controls and allow me to be much more precise.
Its not that it is sensitive. The problem is that when you push the levers forward a little the bobcat will jump forward then stop, jump forward then stop and so on. If you push the levers forward a little more then it will level out, by that I mean quit jumping.

KAG

Its not that it is sensitive. The problem is that when you push the levers forward a little the bobcat will jump forward then stop, jump forward then stop and so on. If you push the levers forward a little more then it will level out, by that I mean quit jumping.
Mine does the same thing, it does it less if I simple manhandle the controls, it mainly does it if I am trying to use light pressure control inputs. I have an 863

OP
OP
D

dlong

Mine does the same thing, it does it less if I simple manhandle the controls, it mainly does it if I am trying to use light pressure control inputs. I have an 863
Thats what mine does,if i try to be ez with it it bucks and jerks oh then pisses me off.

thetool

Have you raised the cab and checked the aluminum pump levers on the square shafts on top of the pump, under the centering plate? If these are loose, it will jump when you're trying to fine control.
Lift the cab and check all your linkage, again if you've done it, it sounds like something is loose-there is a lot of stuff and some things are easily overlooked.
Good Luck

OP
OP
D

dlong

Have you raised the cab and checked the aluminum pump levers on the square shafts on top of the pump, under the centering plate? If these are loose, it will jump when you're trying to fine control.
Lift the cab and check all your linkage, again if you've done it, it sounds like something is loose-there is a lot of stuff and some things are easily overlooked.
Good Luck
Thanks i will check that out!!

gink595

Thanks i will check that out!!
If I'm understanding you correctly, which I believe I am. At a low engine speed the machine will jerk when trying to turn. It's because you don't have enough Hydralic pressure or volume at such a low rpm to turn. It would be like trying to use a Hydralic wood splitter with a huge round of Oak in it and try to split it at an Idle, it just doesn't have the power too. Bump up the throttle and everything is okay. I believe operating a machine like that is hard on the pumps. I don't know that for a fact, but seems to stress the machine pretty hard.

gbarlock

There is a relief valve on the valve body that needs to be replaced. Its been a while since i had looked at the valve body but there are 2 relief valves (i think) maybe more. One will control the forward movement on the controls. I dont remember which one. It my be called a sequence valve. I hsve the same issue on my new hollond. They screw into the valve body. The spring inside the valve my break or gets worn after yars of use. Tgat is the 1st thing im going to replace before tge main valve body. Also check you fluid level. If you have a leaky cylinder you may be low on fluid

laurencen

sounds similar to my E32 mini ex, if the levers are pushed a little the machine will start to move the movement causes me to jerk the lever and it just gets worse until I let go, I find pushing fully forward prevents this issue, higher RPM does work smoother

Latest posts