Installing heater on 1999 bobcat 751

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

AColeman64

I searched around with no luck. I have a small maybe 8x8x8 cab heater I would like to install in my 751. The heater requiers 12v on/off switch and 3/4" l in/out coolant lines. Any ideas how I can tap in to the engine coolant? Thanks!!! Andrew

Tazza

Staff member
I assume its running a Pug engine? they have a really weird coolant setup with hoses all over the shop. I thought you install the heater between the by-pass hose, i just can't remember exactly where it was located.
When you work that out, if you run the coolant lines from the pivot point in the cab you won't have issues if you need to lift it later on. Look at where the wiring runs into the cab, if you follow the same path, you should be good to go.

OP
OP
A

AColeman64

I assume its running a Pug engine? they have a really weird coolant setup with hoses all over the shop. I thought you install the heater between the by-pass hose, i just can't remember exactly where it was located.
When you work that out, if you run the coolant lines from the pivot point in the cab you won't have issues if you need to lift it later on. Look at where the wiring runs into the cab, if you follow the same path, you should be good to go.
I thought i was told it was a kabota engine would that sound right?

Tazza

Staff member
I thought i was told it was a kabota engine would that sound right?
Some were changed to Kubotas because the price to repair the Pug engines is insane. Bobcat offers a kit to do this.
They generally remove the by-pass hose that comes out of the thermostat housing, its only little but, you won't miss it.

hyp7

Some were changed to Kubotas because the price to repair the Pug engines is insane. Bobcat offers a kit to do this.
They generally remove the by-pass hose that comes out of the thermostat housing, its only little but, you won't miss it.
There is a small bypass hose on the thermostat housing you can hook your hoses to, one is an inlet the other is the outlet, just take off the small 4-5 inch hose .There are some pics in the media area. If its the kubota engine. Also lift the cab and there should be a small push out tab up in the corner for hoses and mounting holes. This will be at your left shoulder when your in the cab. Ill take some pics when I get off work.

teck6

There is a small bypass hose on the thermostat housing you can hook your hoses to, one is an inlet the other is the outlet, just take off the small 4-5 inch hose .There are some pics in the media area. If its the kubota engine. Also lift the cab and there should be a small push out tab up in the corner for hoses and mounting holes. This will be at your left shoulder when your in the cab. Ill take some pics when I get off work.
Take a look at www.skidsteerstuff.com he may have what u need...

hyp7

Take a look at www.skidsteerstuff.com he may have what u need...
Here is my heater in the cab. Its out of a forklift, There is a nockout oblong hole that is right behind the heater that the hoses connect to. And also a shot of the hoses under the cab.
2011-09-28_19-52-10_767.jpg

2011-09-28_19-52-44_58.jpg

OP
OP
A

AColeman64

Here is my heater in the cab. Its out of a forklift, There is a nockout oblong hole that is right behind the heater that the hoses connect to. And also a shot of the hoses under the cab.
Thanks so much everyone! Will I be fine if i just did a straigt loop from the bypass hose are thru the heater then back, Or do I need a heater valve inline?

hyp7

Thanks so much everyone! Will I be fine if i just did a straigt loop from the bypass hose are thru the heater then back, Or do I need a heater valve inline?
bobcat%20heater%20lines.jpg

A loop will work. Thats how I did mine and it works awesome.

hyp7

Also the pic is not mine, I found it in the media section so no credit to me.
The pic also stated that the lines are backwards in the pic. The hose on the right is the return and the left is the out to heater inlet.

Latest posts