Hydrolic Fluid Change 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dannym

I made the mistake of filling my 743 hydrolic tank with hydrolic fluid before reading the post about 10w30-40 motor oil. My quetion is should I completely remove all the fluid and replace with motor oil or simply change what is in the tank. I suspect there is a lot of fluid in the filter and trhoughout the pump, motors, hoses, etc. Any help with how to go about this? Thanks .....

Tazza

Staff member
I suspect you just topped the tank up, so draining whats in the tank with the proper stuff i would think would be enough. There simply is no way to get it ALL out short of pulling the machine down to little pieces.

OP
OP
D

dannym

I suspect you just topped the tank up, so draining whats in the tank with the proper stuff i would think would be enough. There simply is no way to get it ALL out short of pulling the machine down to little pieces.
One more dumb question.. What is the best way to get the fluid out of the tank? I remember when I took the hoses off the drive motor it drained pretty good there but I have no idea the best method. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dannym

Tazza

Staff member
One more dumb question.. What is the best way to get the fluid out of the tank? I remember when I took the hoses off the drive motor it drained pretty good there but I have no idea the best method. Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Dannym
There is no easy way really, if cracking a hose on the drive motor worked do it that way. I have used my aux hydraulics to squirt as much oil out as i could running the machine at idel, when it starts making noises and foaming the oil i stop then fill the tank up again.

Fishfiles

There is no easy way really, if cracking a hose on the drive motor worked do it that way. I have used my aux hydraulics to squirt as much oil out as i could running the machine at idel, when it starts making noises and foaming the oil i stop then fill the tank up again.
Me , I would leave it alone and use hydraulic oil all the time , it's cheaper , have used it for about 25 years in all Bobcat models and never seen any problems , and Bobcat suggest it now as newer motor oils have additives that are not compatable with seals and components of the hydrauilc systems -----I like the aux hose drain out procedure it is not messy and puts the oil rght into a five gallon bucket