Hydro leak

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jking

I was using a rented hydro-breaker (jack hammer) on my 751 bobcat, noticed fluid leaking from somewhere and dripping out of the engine compartment door. I tried to undo the quick connects couplings, and boys I like to have never unhooked them, they were under major pressure. I cleaned everything out by pressure washing, and have yet to find were it was coming from. Any suggestions?

Bobcatdan

I would think it is one of the hydraulic hoses in the back corners going to the boom arms. There is a possiblity it is from the control vavle, but the whole right side of the machine would have to be full of oil to get back by the door.

Tazza

Staff member
I would think it is one of the hydraulic hoses in the back corners going to the boom arms. There is a possiblity it is from the control vavle, but the whole right side of the machine would have to be full of oil to get back by the door.
You really need to clean the machine then run it to find the leak. I think Bobcatdan is on the right path, i'd look at the lift/tilt or aux lines that go up the rear of the frame to the arms. A breaker is really hard on a machine, if there were any hoses close to breaking, it may have just found them for you.
I thought there was an aux pressure release if when it was shut down, you turn the ley to the left? hopefully allow you to diconnect the breaker easier.

OP
OP
J

jking

You really need to clean the machine then run it to find the leak. I think Bobcatdan is on the right path, i'd look at the lift/tilt or aux lines that go up the rear of the frame to the arms. A breaker is really hard on a machine, if there were any hoses close to breaking, it may have just found them for you.
I thought there was an aux pressure release if when it was shut down, you turn the ley to the left? hopefully allow you to diconnect the breaker easier.
The hole right side was full of fluid. Yes pressure release but did not help. Thanks. I will search were you said.

Bobcatdan

The hole right side was full of fluid. Yes pressure release but did not help. Thanks. I will search were you said.
If it completely emptied the system, I would bet you the pump to valve hose rubbed threw on one of 20 possible things and blew out.