Hydraulic Reservoir Fill Screen

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stephend

The brass screen in the fill opening of the hydraulic reservoir fell off into the reservoir. My concern is it possible for the screen or pieces of the screen to get into the inlet of the hydraulic pump and cause damage to the pump. I am referring to the large line coming from the reservoir going to the pump. Thank you in advance for help. I have a bobcat 741F.

Tazza

Staff member
I assume the screen just broke loose and was not falling to bits. The screen is far too big to be drawn into the inlet hose. My 731 had the same thing. I pulled the tank out one day and found the screen sitting at the bottom. If it doesnt bother you, i'd leave it there it will not cause any harm.

OP
OP
S

Stephend

I assume the screen just broke loose and was not falling to bits. The screen is far too big to be drawn into the inlet hose. My 731 had the same thing. I pulled the tank out one day and found the screen sitting at the bottom. If it doesnt bother you, i'd leave it there it will not cause any harm.
Thanks, it does bother me but based on what you said i will wait until a rainy day to do anthing about it.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks, it does bother me but based on what you said i will wait until a rainy day to do anthing about it.
On my 731 it could have been floating around for years before i got the machine.
Removing the tank isn't that much work, its just messy. Its a good excuse to replace your oil.

Latest posts