Hydraulic leak on an 843 Bobcat,early 80's model

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jbyerly

I have a leak on the right side inside the engine compartment, more or less beside the rear tire. In looking (cannot see very well) there is a contol valve or maybe a pump there. Fairly sure that is what is leaking. Any idea what it is and the cost to repair/replace? Any suggestions, all opinions appreciated. Thanks Jerry

sterlclan

that sounds like the control valve, not much to reseal, hard to get out, not too hard to reseal any hydraulic shop should be able to get the seals. Good luck................Jeff

Fishfiles

You say behind the axle (wheel), a common leak is where the fitting screws into the hydraulic gear pump , sometimes it loosens up and blows the oring , other times it is more serious , the pump housing cracks right thru the threads , you ( I) can't usually see the crack with the pump in the machine , if leaking there change the o ring , if the leak returns rather quickly , look to the pump threads ----as far as cost , parts ----oring $25 , pump about $800

BobcatMatt

You say behind the axle (wheel), a common leak is where the fitting screws into the hydraulic gear pump , sometimes it loosens up and blows the oring , other times it is more serious , the pump housing cracks right thru the threads , you ( I) can't usually see the crack with the pump in the machine , if leaking there change the o ring , if the leak returns rather quickly , look to the pump threads ----as far as cost , parts ----oring $25 , pump about $800
recently had the same problem with my 843. Turned out to be one of the hoses leading up to the lift cylinder was leaking. get some good degreaser and brake clean and clean the shit out of the hoses, connections etc. Make sure everything is tight. Clean off the threads if you have to and retighten. You will find the leak quickly and easily if everything is clean.