Hydraulic Fluid

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

elbowcarey

Well I'm still waiting on parts for my 543 but my ? is about the fluid.............Bobcat fluid is expensive and my manual states 10W30/40 motor oil would be sufficient as an alternative. I would like to know what you guys use and what you think? I am replacing lots of parts in the hydraulic circuit so if it is beneficial to use Bobcat fluid I will but I would like to know your opinion........ Thx Craig

antfarmer2

10-30 or 10-40 is what I have heard most use On my 743 I am going to use 15-40 so I can use one oil for everything but I am in texas

Tazza

Staff member
10-30 or 10-40 is what I have heard most use On my 743 I am going to use 15-40 so I can use one oil for everything but I am in texas
I live in .au, i run 20W50, used to use 15W40.
If you live where it gets cold, you may need thinner oil if the machine lives in a non heated garage.

Fishfiles

H G Fluid = High Guard Fluid also called tractor fluid is the way to go , it sells for about $50 a five at Napa , O'Reiley's , Auto Zone or such ------------ the H G Fluid is equivalent to Bobcat's Hydrostatic Fluid which sells over $80 per five , I wouldn't use motor oil myself , it will shorten the life of seals , I would also stay away from the cheap , thin R+O hydraulic oil sold at most part stores , but know people who use the cheapest oil they can get and seem to get away with it --------I know some will say motor oil is recommended in my manual or by my dealer , use to be true , about 10 years or more ago Bobcat put out a bulletin that new blends of motor oil has additives which are not friendly to the materials seals are made off , and I have personally witnessed this and have changed 100's of seal in my career

frogfarmer

H G Fluid = High Guard Fluid also called tractor fluid is the way to go , it sells for about $50 a five at Napa , O'Reiley's , Auto Zone or such ------------ the H G Fluid is equivalent to Bobcat's Hydrostatic Fluid which sells over $80 per five , I wouldn't use motor oil myself , it will shorten the life of seals , I would also stay away from the cheap , thin R+O hydraulic oil sold at most part stores , but know people who use the cheapest oil they can get and seem to get away with it --------I know some will say motor oil is recommended in my manual or by my dealer , use to be true , about 10 years or more ago Bobcat put out a bulletin that new blends of motor oil has additives which are not friendly to the materials seals are made off , and I have personally witnessed this and have changed 100's of seal in my career
10w30 diesel grade. Well over 20,000 hours and no seals to speak of. Blown a few hoses and cylinders but the run of the mill seals that would degrade are fine. The diesel grade oil does have a different additive package than the everyday automotive oil.

antfarmer2

10w30 diesel grade. Well over 20,000 hours and no seals to speak of. Blown a few hoses and cylinders but the run of the mill seals that would degrade are fine. The diesel grade oil does have a different additive package than the everyday automotive oil.
Thank you Frog was stating to rethink the diesel grade 15-40 I just put in feel better now

Latest posts